Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What is EVO's service ceiling?

GLEvideo

Reaction score
Just wondering how high the EVO will fly responsively and not lose control. If I take my EVO with me on some mountain treks later this summer up to around 8,000 to 10,000 feet will I be sorry I carried it up there with me?

Reactions: bob_erqs
I'll be honest. I searched the entire web and couldn't find anything on it. Your best bet is to contact Autel directly.

Reactions: bob_erqs
I've flown the EVO in Bogota, Colombia, elevation 8000' with absolutely no issues including battery use.

Reactions: Phillyjon
Just wondering how high the EVO will fly responsively and not lose control. If I take my EVO with me on some mountain treks later this summer up to around 8,000 to 10,000 feet will I be sorry I carried it up there with me?
This cabin is just under Brian Head peak (11,000 feet). So I am flying at 10,000 with no problems all.

I'd think that altitude distance is less of an issue than horizontal distance, as vertically you won't have anything coming between the RC signal and the bird. So since people have actually achieved horizonal distances of more than 2 miles in optimal conditions, I'd venture to say you should be ok vertically, unless limited by the firmware. Just my opinion, but please let us know how it does. Good luck!

I'd think that altitude distance is less of an issue than horizontal distance, as vertically you won't have anything coming between the RC signal and the bird. So since people have actually achieved horizonal distances of more than 2 miles in optimal conditions, I'd venture to say you should be ok vertically, unless limited by the firmware. Just my opinion, but please let us know how it does. Good luck!
The higher you go, the thinner the air becomes, eventually becoming so thin that the propellers do not produce enough lift to sustain flight. That is the OP's worry.

The higher you go, the thinner the air becomes, eventually becoming so thin that the propellers do not produce enough lift to sustain flight. That is the OP's worry.

Ah....Got ya! Never really thought much about that aspect of it. Interesting!

Reactions: Ansia
Iv taken my evo up to 2100 feet doing a sunset, it says it can go 2600 feet, I would never really take it that far flying across terrain, no need to with the zoom it has...

I don't live in Bogota but visit frequently, it's my home town. I purchased the EVO after finding it cumbersome and expensive to lug my Inspire on an airplane.

I don't live in Bogota but visit frequently, it's my home town. I purchased the EVO after finding it cumbersome and expensive to lug my Inspire on an airplane.
Great. I was born in Bogota too but live in Miami. I spend summer in Bogota I would like to know some people there to make an Evo group. If happens to know, just let me know.

Reactions: mixchief
Great. I was born in Bogota too but live in Miami. I spend summer in Bogota I would like to know some people there to make an Evo group. If happens to know, just let me know.
When you first said you lived between Bogotá and Miami, first thing that popped in my head was "The Cartels".

I know Ansia. But you are wrong. We also have beautiful women, the best coffee, flowers and also ignorants. It is like thinking of USA, massacres in our schools, drug-addicts and son on.
Oh I know. Colombian women are considered one of the most beautiful in the world. They also have one of the highest percentage of being operated by plastic surgeon in the world. I simply thought of cartels, because I recently finished watching Narcos, not because of ignorance.

Oh I know. Colombian women are considered one of the most beautiful in the world. They also have one of the highest percentage of being operated by plastic surgeon in the world. I simply thought of cartels, because I recently finished watching Narcos, not because of ignorance.
You seem to be smart, get informed away from Neflix. Now, let's back to business. Your threats about Evo are good remarks. ;)

Well, as you probably know already, I'm also in Miami, don't go back to Bogota on a set schedule as I look for the cheapest flight rates possible, but it won't be long before I settle in Bogota or somewhere in Colombia. Where in Miami are you?

what the call now Brickell Heights, or some crap like that, traditionally Little Havana, I've posted some videos from the area.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d