Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What are your favorite songs to use for your drone videos?

CanUsaDroneFlyer

Reaction score
While we all take great pride in our drone videos, without music, they're rather boring for most people to watch.
Just curious if you could share some of your favorite songs you like to add to your videos.

Here are some of mine:
  • Caroline Jones - Rise:
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird:
  • Candy Dulfer / Dave Stewart - Lily was Here:
  • George Benson - Breezin:
  • Steve Miller - Fly Like An Eagle:
Robert

While we all take great pride in our drone videos, without music, they're rather boring for most people to watch.
Just curious if you could share some of your favorite songs you like to add to your videos.

Here are some of mine:
  • Caroline Jones - Rise:
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird:
  • Candy Dulfer / Dave Stewart - Lily was Here:
  • George Benson - Breezin:
  • Steve Miller - Fly Like An Eagle:
Robert

Just so you know, every one of those songs are copywritten and you can get sued for using any of them in your videos. Yes, it rarely happens, but it does happen especially if they decide you are worth enough for their trouble.

At a minimum, sites like YT will put a copyright strike on your YT account, meaning the copywrite owner has full ownership over your video and can request your video with their music in it be deleted; 3 of those and your whole channel gets deleted. Sites like FB and IG will simply mute your audio completely; ruining your video. This site will point you in the right direction on how to find and use properly licensed audio tracks for your videos.

I'm fully aware of the rules of YouTube. In many cases, my usage of these songs generates advertising revenue for the owners. But thanks for the lecture.

I'm fully aware of the rules of YouTube. In many cases, my usage of these songs generates advertising revenue for the owners. But thanks for the lecture.

It is not the rules of YT, it is copyright laws that YT is required to enforce and they are pretty clear; if you don't own a license, have not obtained permission from the copyright owner, or are not the original creator of the work then you cannot legally use it. There are tons of legal resources which offer effects, footage, audio tracks, and more that can be licensed royalty free in perpetuity for personal and sometimes commercial use with some with and some without non-attribution.

Generating a few dollars in revenue for the copyright owners in no way absolves you of the fact you did not get permission or the proper license to modify their original work in the way that it was modified; simply put, that argument wouldn't hold up in any copyright court case.

It is clear that you are going to continue breaking the law, but my hope is that others reading this thread that do choose to do the right thing and weren't aware of how strict copyright laws are see this thread and seek out legal means of adding other people's creative works to their projects. I have had people use my work in their projects without permission and trust me, I had a lot more tools in my belt than just "the rules of YouTube".

This is a pretty good 2min summary that most people will understand.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58