Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Weird behaviour

Nightbat2

Reaction score
I hadn’t flown since early March, due to the covid19 restrictions and I have an assignment coming up. So today, I checked out and charged my Evo 1, connected my iPad and made sure my settings were as per usual. I noticed there was a firmware update to v1,5,8, but decided to wait until after I’d done some brief test flights in a neighbour’s five acre field.

it was a brilliant sunny afternoon, around 20 Celsius with a moderate breeze. The field is protected by tall trees on three sides and I figured that provided I stayed low, I could get my testing done with no problem.

i was flying with the RC only. First two attempts to arm the rotors failed, so I turned off drone and controller and started again. Bingo, so I hovered around 10ft high for 60 seconds while the satellites locked in and tested the controls before slowly heading directly away and up to around 30 feet before flying a tight circuit. Without warning, it suddenly shot up to 60ft and for a while would not descend. Eventually I got it down to around 30ft again and headed off in normal flight to about 200ft out. On pulling the right stick back, nothing happened. I could go left, right or forward but not back. Time to come in! Yawing around with the left stick, I brought it closer but again it wouldn’t come down. Finally pressed Autoland and it thought about it for a while, first descending to about 6ft, paused for a minute or so and then landed softly. On landing, I got a warning on the RC:”DAMAGED BATTERY”.

I changed the battery and did a brief test. By now I was feeling jittery and thought it time to call it a day.

my question: could a “Damaged Battery” cause all this?

I upgraded to v1.5.8 and recharged the good battery ready for another test tomorrow.

Well, armed with latest firmware update and a different, fully charged battery, went up to the local sporting field for second test. Flew like a dream. Looks like I’ll need a couple of new batteries.

Nice to hear about the one that didn't crash---Was flying a 1 or a 2 ?

Manny more happy landings
Evo 1. I’ve since experienced a second ‘damaged battery’. Having trouble finding replacements.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves