Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Weight

a photo of what? the drone on your own scale? for whom?
This is a new drone, Autel claiming is 249. More ppl are coming out saying its 250 grams. In Canada, it must then be registered and follow all drone laws. Same if you add ND filter or accessories to bring it to 250 or heavier. I got my weighed with a proper scale, sticking to 249g and adhering to CAR 900.06👍

This is a new drone, Autel claiming is 249. More ppl are coming out saying its 250 grams. In Canada, it must then be registered and follow all drone laws. Same if you add ND filter or accessories to bring it to 250 or heavier. I got my weighed with a proper scale, sticking to 249g and adhering to CAR 900.06👍
C'mon, seriously? You think you will be in trouble? It was clearly purchased as sub 250g, I dare to say there is ZERO chance you can have any problems.
One dude on YT regretting his purchase and wants to return it so he is pushing all this BS.

With the weights coming so close to the limit I'm sure in a pinch I could shave some weight by scraping some plastic off the battery casings to keep it within parameters.

The real shame is with Autel pushing the weight to the edge, there is no room for extra features that could actually improve safety like prop guards or lights. This will prevent the Nano/Nano+ to be used under the new Operations Over People rules that come into effect on 4/21 of this year because prop guards would be necessary to qualify:

Ops over People, Category 1

The PIC must use an aircraft that:
•Weighs less than 250g (.55 lbs.), and
•Contains no “exposed rotating parts that would lacerate human skin upon impact with a human being”.
•There are no manufacturer requirements for Declaration of Compliance. It will be incumbent upon the PIC to make sure the UAS qualifies.
•No sustained flights over open air assemblies w/o RID (concerts, construction sites, etc.).
•Goes into effect on 4/21/21.
•No flights over open-air assemblies w/o RID.

Reactions: ADOC and gschulzuio
With the weights coming so close to the limit I'm sure in a pinch I could shave some weight by scraping some plastic off the battery casings to keep it within parameters.

The real shame is with Autel pushing the weight to the edge, there is no room for extra features that could actually improve safety like prop guards or lights. This will prevent the Nano/Nano+ to be used under the new Operations Over People rules that come into effect on 4/21 of this year because prop guards would be necessary to qualify:

•Contains no “exposed rotating parts that would lacerate human skin upon impact with a human being”.
•There are no manufacturer requirements for Declaration of Compliance. It will be incumbent upon the PIC to make sure the UAS qualifies.
•No sustained flights over open air assemblies w/o RID (concerts, construction sites, etc.).
Jeez, nobody will question it unless you do something stupid, in that case you deserve it.

Reactions: ADOC
Jeez, nobody will question it unless you do something stupid, in that case you deserve it.
You are right... the police won't be hauling scales around to ticket you over 1/2 gram infractions.

However, accidents happen, even when not doing anything intentionally stupid. Its important to be compliant so that if something really bad happens the authorities can't throw the book at you for being overweight and unregistered.

Reactions: gschulzuio
You are right... the police won't be hauling scales around to ticket you over 1/2 gram infractions.

However, accidents happen, even when not doing anything intentionally stupid. Its important to be compliant so that if something really bad happens the authorities can't throw the book at you for being overweight and unregistered.
Still no issue unless yo did something stupid/illegal.
Don't worry about it.

I have the Nano + I add strobe lights when flying a night
I also have a107 and have known problem in registering the drone.
I don’t care about the weight
I like that it’s small
I have many Autel drones and I support them.
I don’t know what the big deal is about the weight or how fast it goes.
If you’re not doing anything wrong you shouldn’t worry

the easiest things to do in america is apply the registration sticker that you already have to your drone. you paid for it several years ago and all you need to do is apply it to your drone.

USA
I believe under 107 you can
If you go through the course and take the test

Yes, in the US.... however for the time being the drone would have to both have prop guards and be under 250 grams. This rules out the Autel Nano series as it would be over the legal weight.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Yes
You are right
But I love this little drone
I think there working on the prop guards
This will put it over slightly
But for now it is under 250

how about automatic motor stop when the props come into contact? no prop guards but a sw upgrade to include this feature, would that work?

Yup for in the USA, and, for Cat 1 (e.g. <= .55 lbs) no hovering over people (not just large assembly), and, the operator particular for 107 needs to have either taken the new online refresher class, or, be a newly minted 107 with the new initial test as of new rule change date. For Cat 2-4, that addresses larger aircraft and gets into DOC, MOC, RID etc).

For hobby/rec/44809, take the TRUST exam, its free, its online, if you cant pass it, you should not be driving a motor vehicle or riding a bicycle ;).

Here are some links for more info:

Example TRUST via AMA

Part 107 Renewal
Activities, Courses, Seminars & Webinars - Course Overview - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

OOP (Operating Over People) and RID (Remote ID) Updates

Declarations of Compliance (DoC) and Method of Compliance (MoC)

Last edited:

What alot of people need to realise is thier scales could not be accurate scales need to be callibtated regularly to be dead on

Reactions: Detritalgeo

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d