Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoint Pause... any way to just keep flying?

MichaeMuni

Reaction score
In the waypoint action there is an option for fly over and an option for hover. Why is "fly over" still pausing and hovering over the waypoint before continuing on?

No one will prevent the Evo 2 (like the 1) from stopping or relanting very strongly at each waypoint, even for a change of direction or altitude. This is simply due to its flight platform system based on the MAVLink Protocol or the open source pixhawk Px4 therefore a very basic flight system in functionality.
Not everyone can afford the Dji flight system, which is not free (copyright) but which is the most successful.
This flight system does not make it possible to make a point-to-point path without slowing down and above all to make beautiful turns between each point without suddenly changing direction.
Unfortunately, I have tasted with the Evo 1 (and the yuneec H520 since it has the same PX4 flight platform) to these awful trajectories which require you to make Video connections at each straight line. Unless Autel completely changes the flight system of the Evo, no solution for the moment and I do not see his colleague giving him his flight system.
Why do you think I bought a Mavic 2 Pro instead of the Evo 2?
To find the beautiful flights all flowed that the Inspire and Litchi made me, and no cut in the video editing at each Waypoints.
For those who are looking for mission flights where everything must be configured beforehand, (I would say to the millimeter), Autel is a bad horse.

Another post that might interest you, the impossibility of descending on a mission lower than its take-off point.
I don't know if this was solved with the Evo 2, I went my way with the pain in the *** of the missions of the Evo 1 ..........
Multi-altitude waypoint mission

Another post that might interest you, the impossibility of descending on a mission lower than its take-off point.
I don't know if this was solved with the Evo 2, I went my way with the pain in the *** of the missions of the Evo 1 ..........
Multi-altitude waypoint mission
yes thanks for that I never thought of that.
One comment in that thread said that it does not gradually change altitude between waypoints. Thankfully my evo 2 does do that bit just fine.

All I can think of for a solution for you would be this. You would have to manually take off, fly down to the lowest point and find someplace safe to land. From that low point engage the mission so that all the waypoints would be positive altitude from its take off point. Also as I type this I just remembered that they now have a new setting in the latest firmware/app to change from AGL to MSL (sea level).

if you pause the mission, doesn't the drone hover in place as long as it is connected?
yes, the point is to NOT have any pauses or stops. I want a fluid mission just just fly's to and through waypoints without stopping.

yes, the point is to NOT have any pauses or stops. I want a fluid mission just just fly's to and through waypoints without stopping.
sorry I misread your question, seems you have a couple of posts running.

I thought one of your questions you asked "how to get the drone to hover during a mission." let say you have a 20 minute mission but half way thru, you want to pause and hover over the highway intersection and record the traffic for 2 minutes.

your other question, how to get smooth transitions with no pauses or stops? not going to happen that I am aware of; tried everything. however, I have found that if you make long camera movements (more than 180 degrees) during the pause, it makes the pause seem a lot less noticeable.

By keeping the same flight platform system, it is mission impossible.

I previously asked for the same things the OP asked for and was told by Autel that they were working on this feature. No idea if they are or not though.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t