Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video signal

Topline Mike

Reaction score
Hello to all, have a X Star Premium for many years, still works great. Wanted the new features of the EVO so went shopping. Love it and hate it. One week in and not sure to keep or return but have to decide soon so thought I would ask the community as Autel has no answers as of yet. Fly with controller only and about 1200 feet away every time video freezes, not black and white but full color. Have to use go home feature to bring it back and video will not return to live until about 200 feet away. Have tried anything I can think of, same with phone for video, tablet both Samsung and iPad. Works fine with X Star and neighbors DJI has incredible reception. Using tablet this morning noted the following: craft sitting 15 feet away on driveway and get message video signal weak, antennas down per Autel, tried up, standing on 1 foot, waving to neighbors ?but message pops up and goes away. When video freezes google maps still shows location and was able to maximize it and fly back using the map, but video did not return until about 200 foot distance. Height has been tried from 60 to 200 ft with no change. It is not a interference issue or the other drones would have issues also. I have tried all the options for video frequency they offered with no change.

Concern is if they want to see it for repair it could be 4 to 6 weeks and I am patient but on a brand new unit that would not be acceptable. It would either be exchanged for new or just returned for something else. I have been a Autel supporter since they started with automotive test equipment and have purchased well over 75,000 in machines. The people have always been top notch and would rather keep the craft.

Here’s to hoping one of the community members has a clue. Thanks for reading and any ideas you all might have

Mike

It appears your unit has some sort of problem. I would exchange it and try again with a new unit.

Thank you so much for your advice, I really do like the products and am a very loyal customer. the company has always done right by us.

Reactions: Ansia
Just fyi, with the craft less than a week old we chose to exchange it for replacement. It was hassle free and the replacement works great. First flight was the exact same flight pattern and went to the set limit of 1620 ft distance at 120 ft height with no issues at all. If coarse Autel stepped right up to correct the problem but we really wanted to fly last weekend. Thanks for reading. Now to keep learning to use the cool features!!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials