Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video recording not continuous

Catweazle

Reaction score
Had my first EVO video flight today. Terrific playback. However, instead of one continuous video over 25 mins, it was cut into 4.48 minutes sections??. Set on Mov, 4K, 60fps, Mpeg4. 32G SD. Have I missed something in my settings. Cheers.

Found my answer in another EVO thread. Good night all from Adelaide down under ?

I had the same reaction.i think I'm just going to shoot in 1080p. My computer wont play the 4k video anyway.
Continuous video file fragments will still be of the same file size.
Just fewer of them at 1080p than 4K.

Correct me if i'm wrong. Shooting in 4k @ 60fps gives me video file fragments of 3.5gb per fragment. 32gb /3.5 = 9 fragments.
About 5mins into my 3rd battery I got a "card full"message.
This sort of tells me that 32gb equals approx two batteries videoing at 4K /60fps, ??

Correct me if i'm wrong. Shooting in 4k @ 60fps gives me video file fragments of 3.5gb per fragment. 32gb /3.5 = 9 fragments.
About 5mins into my 3rd battery I got a "card full"message.
This sort of tells me that 32gb equals approx two batteries videoing at 4K /60fps, ??
Each battery can potentially exceed 16GB of video, so use 32GB cards and swap cards at every battery change. You never want to lose a prior flight's video if your next flight becomes unrecoverable. Some of us learned the hard way! Swap batteries and swap cards at the same time if you want to keep all your hard work.

Reactions: Catweazle
I like it...
I primarily use 64GB cards in case I forget to format the card before flight. That way, I can forget to format twice before I get bitten by running out of card space during a flight from already copied off prior flights. Best to format in the drone itself, rather than in a desktop.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials