Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video connection problems

TWatt

Reaction score
hello, I just purchased a slightly used xsp. First two flights went well. Now I’m having trouble losing my video signal connection when the drone is only a few hundred feet away. Using IPhone 7 with up to date iOS, Apple lighting cable. I turned off WiFi and Bluetooth and activated do not disturb on phone and it didn’t help. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

I found this saved in my documents but failed to note the source. It appears to be from Autel:

Losing a video connection can be solved easily.
  • Make sure your aircraft and remote controller are free from all magnetic or signal interference.
  • Reposition the antenna to be perpendicular to the drone.
  • Power the drone off, restart the app, and reconnect to the aircraft.
  • Make sure the gimbal is fully attached to the aircraft.
  • (If you are using X‑Star, make sure you are connected to the X‑Star Wi‑Fi.)
  • If you are using X‑Star Premium, follow the steps below.
If the X‑Star Premium video connection fails, or if any component (e.g., aircraft, gimbal, remote controller, mobile device) is replaced, follow the steps below to to reestablish the video feed between the aircraft and mobile device.

> Power on the aircraft, remote controller, and your mobile device.
> Rebind the aircraft and the remote controller if one of the devices has been replaced.
> Ensure the microUSB cable (Android) or Lightning cable (iOS) is securely connected to your mobile device. If the cable looks damaged, replace it immediately.

I was plagued with video disconnects as well. In addition to the above suggestions, I also removed the gimbal, cleaned the contacts with a soft eraser, wiped the contacts with an alcohol wipe and reinstalled. I have removed and reinstalled the gimbal in the field to correct the issue on a subsequent occurrence.

I ended up having to get the antenna in the drone replaced by the company

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183