Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Upgraded Firmware: Now Have Horizon Tilt and Gimbal Doesn't Calibrate

Maxheadspace

Reaction score
Actually was having great results with steady horizon the last several months...then I upgraded my firmware. Uploaded the latest firmware earlier this month and ever since I've had a consistent, steady camera tilt to the left. So, I went to calibrate the gimbal and got a "failure to calibrate". I've tried calibrating probably more than a hundred times now, on wooden floors, on marble floors, on a table, with stock filter on, with Polar Pro filter on, with no filter on, no matter what I do the Evo gimbal will not calibrate. And researching retrograding the firmware I've learned Autel won't allow that. WTF? For just a split second when I hit "calibrate" on the app, I get a warning that "Evo is still vibrating", then it launches right into the calibration process. But the warning is only there barely half a second; had to see it multiple times in order to read the full sentence. And there is nothing there to vibrate the Evo except the internal fan. Any ideas?

As for the horizon tilt, it's there constantly. When I start up the Evo on a flat surface, the camera comes on tilted to the left. I'm able to correct it with the roll adjustment, a setting of -1.6 gets it to zero, but coupled with the inability to calibrate the gimbal I'm really displeased with Evo right now. Anyone have suggestions, or experience the horizon tilt after latest upgrade?

Thanks!

Max

• Sad
Reactions: 399AGL
It appears there is some malfunction with your Evo. It believes it's in movement when it's not, making the gimbal fail calibration. Sadly, the only way to repair this is sending it to Autel.

Have you tried to reinstall using the SDcar method? It just might correct a corrupt install. If not I would say Ansia is corrext you should sen it in for repair.

Hi just curious here ... I have the same issue : gimbal failing to calibrate and tilt horizon... Did you solve the issue ? How ?

Hi just curious here ... I have the same issue : gimbal failing to calibrate and tilt horizon... Did you solve the issue ? How ?
Welcome to the forums. What I do is use the manual calibration in the options to level it out.

Actually was having great results with steady horizon the last several months...then I upgraded my firmware. Uploaded the latest firmware earlier this month and ever since I've had a consistent, steady camera tilt to the left. So, I went to calibrate the gimbal and got a "failure to calibrate". I've tried calibrating probably more than a hundred times now, on wooden floors, on marble floors, on a table, with stock filter on, with Polar Pro filter on, with no filter on, no matter what I do the Evo gimbal will not calibrate. And researching retrograding the firmware I've learned Autel won't allow that. WTF? For just a split second when I hit "calibrate" on the app, I get a warning that "Evo is still vibrating", then it launches right into the calibration process. But the warning is only there barely half a second; had to see it multiple times in order to read the full sentence. And there is nothing there to vibrate the Evo except the internal fan. Any ideas?

As for the horizon tilt, it's there constantly. When I start up the Evo on a flat surface, the camera comes on tilted to the left. I'm able to correct it with the roll adjustment, a setting of -1.6 gets it to zero, but coupled with the inability to calibrate the gimbal I'm really displeased with Evo right now. Anyone have suggestions, or experience the horizon tilt after latest upgrade?

Thanks!

Max
in fact my question was more for Maxheadspace... for a scenario where the gimbal calibration process fails..
Maxheadspace, any advise ? Waht did you do in your case ? Did you resolve the issue ? If so, how ?

thank you :)

In my Evo sometimes it starts and levels itself out. Sometimes it just doesn't feel like it. Instead of growing frustrated with the device, I found a simple solution and kept on flying.

Reactions: Trox
In my Evo sometimes it starts and levels itself out. Sometimes it just doesn't feel like it. Instead of growing frustrated with the device, I found a simple solution and kept on flying.
ok thanks Ansia ! Does your gimbal calibrate properly though ?

ok thanks Ansia ! Does your gimbal calibrate properly though ?
Yes it does. I simply do not understand why the Gimbal's roll motor simply doesn't understand to keep leveled on every startup. While writing this, I came up with a theory. Perhaps one should calibrate and level the gimbal per battery. I have noticed that I calibrate the gimbal, it is dead center, go on site, use another battery and it's tilted. Thank god for post production being able to straighten the video.

Yes it does. I simply do not understand why the Gimbal's roll motor simply doesn't understand to keep leveled on every startup. While writing this, I came up with a theory. Perhaps one should calibrate and level the gimbal per battery. I have noticed that I calibrate the gimbal, it is dead center, go on site, use another battery and it's tilted. Thank god for post production being able to straighten the video.
that would be weird ! I'm coming from DJI work (p3 adv & spark) and I've never had to adjust tilt with post prod :-s

that would be weird ! I'm coming from DJI work (p3 adv & spark) and I've never had to adjust tilt with post prod :-s
Also fly DJI and although it's not as pronounced, it does happen. Both my P4Ps I've had to adjust it in post production, because I don't notice it when flying.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d