Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Updating firmware issue

Chuck60

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently purchased my Lite+ I upgraded firmware immediately. it said upgrade failed but the version number on drone did change I no longer get a update firmware message. After searching Autels website I could not find a download section for firmware on the lite+ and can’t find any info on the drones latest firmware. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Discos_Dead
Hello everyone, I recently purchased my Lite+ I upgraded firmware immediately. it said upgrade failed but the version number on drone did change I no longer get a update firmware message. After searching Autels website I could not find a download section for firmware on the lite+ and can’t find any info on the drones latest firmware. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
I recently had the same issue and it turned out to be a corrupted or too slow card. I finally got it to work after putting a 3rd SD card in the aircraft (AC). I'd format the card in the AC first.

Reactions: Chuck60
I recently had the same issue and it turned out to be a corrupted or too slow card. I finally got it to work after putting a 3rd SD card in the aircraft (AC). I'd format the card in the AC first.
Ok thank you will try again. I have a U3 card I will format and try again. What is the version firmware you are on?

The Autel server is busy right now due to the release of "Max" right now.

is anyone else have problems with downloading this firmware? (which is a Dropbox link) all I have is a Linux computer, Android tablet, and iPhone….none of these will download it. I get the same error message with all of them.

Is that relevant to a Dropbox link? Once it’s uploaded to Dropbox there should no longer an attachment to Autel right? I’ve been logged into Dropbox and tried same result. I’ve tried for 3 days, I really wanted to like this drone. But a new $1000+ drone that violently shakes is really a disappointment. I’ve messaged them and asked for an alternative download but have not gotten a response. + a new drone that requires “Beta” firmware seems sketchy as well. The 403 error I believe means you don’t have access, like it’s not a public download? But maybe I’m missing something. Idk

Attachments

• 093C6427-CE5F-4E14-9503-B380DD68C72F.jpeg
    093C6427-CE5F-4E14-9503-B380DD68C72F.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
is anyone else have problems with downloading this firmware? (which is a Dropbox link) all I have is a Linux computer, Android tablet, and iPhone….none of these will download it. I get the same error message with all of them.
Have you tried downloading the app using the QR code for the respective device. It won't work for Linux because the Sky App needs to be downloaded using the Android or Apple device. I'm assuming both your devices are new enough to handle this app. What version of Android do you have and what version of Apple? My Android device (Samsung 9+) had no trouble downloading the app from the Play Store.

Also you need to make sure the micro SD card is fast enough and in good enough shape to handle the upgrade to the FW to the drone. I had this issue when I first got my Nano+. After changing out the card a couple times to a known good one from another drone it finally worked.

So it’s not the app that needs downloaded, it’s the firmware for the drone, the firmware is also beta so the drone won’t ask to update because it currently has the latest firmware. The App is irrelevant in this case. The only place you can download this firmware that I’ve seen is here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8i0t89kqqn78uwm/EVO-Lite_FW_V1.5.34.zip?dl=0. After it’s downloaded and the zip is placed onto the micro sdcard the speed of the card would be relevant for the drone to access the beta update from the card, but I’m certain the new U3 200 mbps card is adequate.

Was the above (Eagle928) a AI response? As it’s close yet missing the details that have already been provided. Go figure

Last edited:
So it’s not the app that needs downloaded, it’s the firmware for the drone, the firmware is also beta so the drone won’t ask to update because it currently has the latest firmware. The App is irrelevant in this case. The only place you can download this firmware that I’ve seen is here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8i0t89kqqn78uwm/EVO-Lite_FW_V1.5.34.zip?dl=0. After it’s downloaded and the zip is placed onto the micro sdcard the speed of the card would be relevant for the drone to access the beta update from the card, but I’m certain the new U3 200 mbps card is adequate
I have a DB account but am unable to access that file. I get a 403 error.

I don't think the FW is in beta unless you got this from another source.

I was only able to upgrade the FW using the app. Now that was with the Nano+ so the Lite+ might be a different story.

Did Ken Booth give you this link?

BTW the technique of putting the FW file on the SD card isn't new. It's how previous versions were updated.

So it’s not the app that needs downloaded, it’s the firmware for the drone, the firmware is also beta so the drone won’t ask to update because it currently has the latest firmware. The App is irrelevant in this case. The only place you can download this firmware that I’ve seen is here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8i0t89kqqn78uwm/EVO-Lite_FW_V1.5.34.zip?dl=0. After it’s downloaded and the zip is placed onto the micro sdcard the speed of the card would be relevant for the drone to access the beta update from the card, but I’m certain the new U3 200 mbps card is adequate
The Sky app (latest version) is the portal for the FW for the drone. It doesn't use the separate file on the SD card like the Explorer app and the drones that use it.

The Sky app (latest version) is the portal for the FW for the drone. It doesn't use the separate file on the SD card like the Explorer app and the drones that use it.
The app wont give you access to beta fw which apparently the only fix for the “oscillating” issue(which is why you use a sdcard, this is the instructions provided by Autel) The DB link comes from their own website, which also describes this problem, i also read it’s not all of the lite’s or lite +’s but a select few and the beta firmware is the fix. Link below.

Beta Firmware -Autel Robotics Camera Drone, Quadcopter & UAV for Sale | Leader in Drones.

Here is a YouTube video of this issue (not mine) but the exact problem

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Eagle928
I don’t think the app gives you access to beta fw which apparently the only fix for the “oscillating” issue. The dp link comes from their own website, which describes this problem and states it’s not all of the lite’s or lite +’s but a select few and the beta firmware is the fix.

Beta Firmware -Autel Robotics Camera Drone, Quadcopter & UAV for Sale | Leader in Drones.

Here is a YouTube video of this issue (not mine) but the exact problem
Wow! Yeah, that is totally unacceptable. I would think Autel would pay for the shipping both ways to put a new one in your hands.

Wow! Yeah, that is totally unacceptable. I would think Autel would pay for the shipping both ways to put a new one in your hands.
Yeah i assure you im less than 24hrs away from getting a return shipping label to Amazon and not bothering with Autel…..at all. ….Ever again

Brand new drone, has a known problem, with a known fix. Yet no way to download it?? Wtf. And like I said in the beginning post, a new drone that requires “beta” firmware??? Sure doesn’t feel right. #fail

Last edited:
Yeah i assure you im less than 24hrs away from getting a return shipping label to Amazon and not bothering with Autel…..at all. ….Ever again
That's unfortunate and a byproduct of how Autel is losing customers from lack of good tech and product support. This is a no-brainer to me if it's as you said - a small number of this model drone is suffering from this defect. If it's a small number they should do a recall, fix them permanently, then resell them as refurbished while giving the original owners a new one ASAP.

I don't blame you for your frustration. The Evo 2 Pro, which is almost the same drone in many ways, had some software issues but they were taken care of over time. The DJI Mavic 3, their flagship prosumer drone, had several big issues that took months to finally fix through software and firmware updates.

If I were you I would send this drone back since you were smart enough to order through Amazon then think about ordering another or an Evo 2 V3. Autel drones are mostly good quality and reliable drones with no geofencing. It's unfortunate when a small number of customers are not taken care of when a lemon gets through. All companies should really do better when this happens.
PS: Put a tiny mark on this one before sending it back or note the Serial number so you can make sure the next one isn't the same one if you do go that route.

Reactions: skippymcskipperson
That's unfortunate and a byproduct of how Autel is losing customers from lack of good tech and product support. This is a no-brainer to me if it's as you said - a small number of this model drone is suffering from this defect. If it's a small number they should do a recall, fix them permanently, then resell them as refurbished while giving the original owners a new one ASAP.

I don't blame you for your frustration. The Evo 2 Pro, which is almost the same drone in many ways, had some software issues but they were taken care of over time. The DJI Mavic 3, their flagship prosumer drone, had several big issues that took months to finally fix through software and firmware updates.

If I were you I would send this drone back since you were smart enough to order through Amazon then think about ordering another or an Evo 2 V3. Autel drones are mostly good quality and reliable drones with no geofencing. It's unfortunate when a small number of customers are not taken care of when a lemon gets through. All companies should really do better when this happens.
PS: Put a tiny mark on this one before sending it back or note the Serial number so you can make sure the next one isn't the same one if you do go that route.
This probably should have been its own thread. I regret not starting a new one with more descriptive title as it’s worthy information for new buyers.
I can’t help but think since Autel has a fix for this that they also know where in the manufacturing process the problem occurred and therefore at a minimum would have lot numbers of which should have been recalled and not sold. That video showing the shakes is an over a month old and a new firmware was already available at that time.

Hi, does anyone still happen to have the autel lite beta firmware file.. the one that was supposed to help correct with the oscillation issues..

Autel took it down..

I want to get ahold of it.. and yes I am aware new firmware is out.. but I'd like the try the beta firmware before I go enabling the new firmware with USA remote ID baked in.. thanks in advance to anyone that has the file..

EDIT.. I believe i found it here.. links in bottom right corner of page

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials