Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Updated Autel explorer

Just did the update on the phone is there one for the craft
Hello,

On the app itself, after connecting to your Evo 2. On the main page, it’ll show if an update is needed for Evo 2. If you don’t see an update is needed (see picture below) from the main app screen, you probably already have the latest firmware update.

I just updated the Explorer App to (V1.8.13), now I just need to update the firmware (V2.5.18). Quite honestly, I’m afraid too after my pass experiences. I’ll probably wait, after updating the latest app update got cold feet stopped there putting the firmware update on hold.

Plus, I’m not computer/ipad literate. For me, Only have an iPad and I’m sunk if I mess things up especially with all the problems with these updates. I read how users are using the S/D card, that alone lost me its gotten to the point why can’t I just do the upgrade when it tells me too without fear of future bugs or other problems.

Hopefully, Others will chime in those that are experienced and computer/iPad literate to answer your questions. Maybe they can help me as well, can I upgrade from my iPad to V2.5.18 without problems occurring? I’d like to know, if it’s safe?

All the best to you, hope all goes well.
PaulA190EB99-88A8-4DEA-BCBB-95D52D1952CE.jpegA085739B-FF60-4CE2-9FF0-27826350F59F.jpeg

Hello,

On the app itself, after connecting to your Evo 2. On the main page, it’ll show if an update is needed for Evo 2. If you don’t see an update is needed (see picture below) from the main app screen, you probably already have the latest firmware update.

I just updated the Explorer App to (V1.8.13), now I just need to update the firmware (V2.5.18). Quite honestly, I’m afraid too after my pass experiences. I’ll probably wait, after updating the latest app update got cold feet stopped there putting the firmware update on hold.

Plus, I’m not computer/ipad literate. For me, Only have an iPad and I’m sunk if I mess things up especially with all the problems with these updates. I read how users are using the S/D card, that alone lost me its gotten to the point why can’t I just do the upgrade when it tells me too without fear of future bugs or other problems.

Hopefully, Others will chime in those that are experienced and computer/iPad literate to answer your questions. Maybe they can help me as well, can I upgrade from my iPad to V2.5.18 without problems occurring? I’d like to know, if it’s safe?

All the best to you, hope all goes well.
PaulView attachment 9441View attachment 9442
Yeah It killed my bird, hold off dude.

Thank you Bob,

Appreciate the information, I’ll do that and not update to latest firmware. Usually, I’ll be one of the first to update but with so many problems on these last firmware updates my Evo 2 was down most of the time. My current firmware is working fine for now, maybe I’ll just leave it there at least until the latest update firmware is safe.

Thanks again for the information,
Paul

Thank you Bob,

Appreciate the information, I’ll do that and not update to latest firmware. Usually, I’ll be one of the first to update but with so many problems on these last firmware updates my Evo 2 was down most of the time. My current firmware is working fine for now, maybe I’ll just leave it there at least until the latest update firmware is safe.

Thanks again for the information,
Paul
Just not worth messing with it, IMHO. Mine will be at Autel most likely for 6 weeks starting Monday, I will let all know what they say or maybe Monday they will have a fix and make me feel like a rock, but not so sure of that. Be well amigo. Try the settings in EXP & Sensitivity and it will fly like a DJI Phantom 4 if you like that. EXP are .50 / .24 / .50 and Sensitivity 80 % - Brake 175% - Yaw 75%. Let me know but to me it smooths out all with good response to the sticks.

Just a thought...to attempt to restore your birds full live video feed. After reconnecting your mobile device to the Autel Evo RC and power cycling the aircraft and the RC, check the “Image Transmission” menu. I found with the last few releases, all the menu settings read “N/A.” I also found it doing this to my EXP settings too. Tap on Channel Mode and select 2.4G as the correct (and only available) setting. Change Image Transmission Mode from “N/A” to “Smooth.” Even if they are shown with readings, try changing them for the sake of it. Just a long shot. If those settings are fine, I’d personally check the gimbal ribbon cable pin connector to make sure it was assembled properly and is seated well on the pin connector.

Just a thought...to attempt to restore your birds full live video feed. After reconnecting your mobile device to the Autel Evo RC and power cycling the aircraft and the RC, check the “Image Transmission” menu. I found with the last few releases, all the menu settings read “N/A.” I also found it doing this to my EXP settings too. Tap on Channel Mode and select 2.4G as the correct (and only available) setting. Change Image Transmission Mode from “N/A” to “Smooth.” Even if they are shown with readings, try changing them for the sake of it. Just a long shot. If those settings are fine, I’d personally check the gimbal ribbon cable pin connector to make sure it was assembled properly and is seated well on the pin connector.
Cool, will try that later and advise. Gracias

Didn't work!

• Sad
Reactions: Cicero24
Just not worth messing with it, IMHO. Mine will be at Autel most likely for 6 weeks starting Monday, I will let all know what they say or maybe Monday they will have a fix and make me feel like a rock, but not so sure of that. Be well amigo. Try the settings in EXP & Sensitivity and it will fly like a DJI Phantom 4 if you like that. EXP are .50 / .24 / .50 and Sensitivity 80 % - Brake 175% - Yaw 75%. Let me know but to me it smooths out all with good response to the sticks.
Thanks Bob,

I’ll try those settings, I did change these settings several months ago after watching a fellow on YouTub, to make it fly smoother and with less braking. It actually flies better than my Mavic 2 Pro now, But I’ll try your settings on next flight.

Thanks again,
Paul

Appreciate you reaching out Cicero, thanks to you and Bob I’ll definitely hold off with the update. And appreciate you sharing what to check for if I have issues, great information thanks so much!

Currently, I’m on 2.5.12 I believe, it’s working fine at least can fly and return back home without fear of loosing it.

thanks again
Paul

Another explorer update with no documentation. Why add a new feature like oblique missions and not give any documentation on how to use it?
I did see a link to a video on another thread, but it was incomplete.
And it certainty doesn't look like any oblique pattern I've ever flown.
This is what I have come to expect from Autel. It is just downright bizarre. What a joke.

Reactions: Cicero24
Appreciate you reaching out Cicero, thanks to you and Bob I’ll definitely hold off with the update. And appreciate you sharing what to check for if I have issues, great information thanks so much!

Currently, I’m on 2.5.12 I believe, it’s working fine at least can fly and return back home without fear of loosing it.

thanks again
Paul
No problem. If you are happy with your flight characteristics right now, I’d leave it be for now. You’re not gaining much as of now. I still have a few things buggin’ out right now. Horizon tilt, 6k hyperlapse artifact and random bizarre button setting changes in EXP and arm light settings. iOS flight log stuff is also still an issue. I’m gonna act like a Cub’s fan right now and say “maybe next year”
we’ll get it right. LOL.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Oh yeah, as far as I have tried...and can tell, they seemed to have blocked the ability to rollback firmware with this newest release as well. I used to be able to do it easily with the force update file & fw bin flie on an sd card. I spent a few hours the other day with no luck at all.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga