Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Updated app on smart controller crashing

Shain Rufus

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone else out there is experiencing crashes with the new updated app for the smart controller. Everything is completely up to date on current updates and while flying today, I had the app on the smart controller crash seven times in half a battery use. That's ridiculous. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Shain,
Yes I have the same problem. I have a Autel Evo II Pro Enterprise RTK V2 with the Smartcontroller V2. What's your setup?
I'm in contact with the after sales technical support since March but they are not able to find the problem.

Hi Shain,
Yes I have the same problem. I have a Autel Evo II Pro Enterprise RTK V2 with the Smartcontroller V2. What's your setup?
I'm in contact with the after sales technical support since March but they are not able to find the problem.
It stopped for me for now. However I'm just tired of all the quirks with this drone. Been flying them for over 8 years and I really want to love this drone but I can't.

From bugs and glitches to unreliable flight paths when shooting video. Over sensitive obstacle avoidance system to where I fly with it off at all times. Gimbal is always slightly tilted after a few minutes in flight despite setup before flight. Moving sideways to video a certain type of shoot only to have the drone decide to slightly increase or decrease altitude instead of flying level and straight for the video clip...which in turn forces me to reshoot the shot multiple times which wastes time on the battery. Terrible transmission range for the controller to where 1500 feet and trees can cause connection issues while a mavic air 2 in the same situation has no issues at all. Occasionally the drone after landing will not power down despite rc commands to do so. No ability to hover in place if RC loses connection so drone attempts to return home ignoring obstacle avoidance system. Losing connection to the rc sometimes only 20 to 30 feet away with clear LOS. Batteries worthless after the 60 to 75 uses range while I still have Phantom 4 pro and mavic air 2 batteries in tip top shape years later with 200 plus uses on them.

It's a big headache and it has forced me to go back to DJI. I'll be testing out their new Mavic 3 pro now.

It stopped for me for now. However I'm just tired of all the quirks with this drone. Been flying them for over 8 years and I really want to love this drone but I can't.

From bugs and glitches to unreliable flight paths when shooting video. Over sensitive obstacle avoidance system to where I fly with it off at all times. Gimbal is always slightly tilted after a few minutes in flight despite setup before flight. Moving sideways to video a certain type of shoot only to have the drone decide to slightly increase or decrease altitude instead of flying level and straight for the video clip...which in turn forces me to reshoot the shot multiple times which wastes time on the battery. Terrible transmission range for the controller to where 1500 feet and trees can cause connection issues while a mavic air 2 in the same situation has no issues at all. Occasionally the drone after landing will not power down despite rc commands to do so. No ability to hover in place if RC loses connection so drone attempts to return home ignoring obstacle avoidance system. Losing connection to the rc sometimes only 20 to 30 feet away with clear LOS. Batteries worthless after the 60 to 75 uses range while I still have Phantom 4 pro and mavic air 2 batteries in tip top shape years later with 200 plus uses on them.

It's a big headache and it has forced me to go back to DJI. I'll be testing out their new Mavic 3 pro now.
My last update was before the Fence.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials