Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

*Update* Found 2 new Evo 2 specific external load release systems

Junior

Reaction score
I just ran across (and ordered) this self contained drop system and it looks nice. Defiantly a lot easier (and less expensive) than my build. I will post my evaluation soon. Estimated delivery is the end of march.

Looks like both of these systems are rated for 1.1lb loads. From testing on my original system I recommend limiting the length of the sling leg to 3 or 4 foot max to control oscillation during flight and at hover.

No landing light system (AliExpress)

*Update*
Found another drop system, but this one keeps one landing light usable:

System with one usable landing light: (AliExpress)

My build

Last edited:
good find. thanks for posting. i think i'll get one, too. a lot you can do with this drone when you have no warranty. ;)

Thanks for the find....I ordered one of each....I'll report back on their use once they finally arrive.

So we have received and tested both of the drop systems mentioned a few posts above this line. We found this one the better of the two, as it releases heavier (one pound) loads more reliably and fits snugly against the bottom of our EVO II 640T. We have tested "drop bags" with various items, and also attached a PFD. A dozen test runs with great results every time. It took about 2 weeks for the units to arrive from China. I will attach some images. Here is a link to a video testing the unit with a PFD (life jacket.) Note that the time it took to drop the life jacket was only long because I was showing the process of turning on the bottom auxiliary light (Settings - Visual Navigation - Auxiliary Bottom Light) to our pilots.

Attachments

• drop001.jpg
    drop001.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 4
  • drop002.jpg
    drop002.jpg
    884.2 KB · Views: 4
  • drop010.jpg
    drop010.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 4
  • drop009.jpg
    drop009.jpg