Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unusual behavior since antenna upgrade...

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
I upgraded my remote antenna to better than stock omnis, and I've noticed since then that the fan is almost always running. I have it charging right now, powered off, and the fan is kicking on and off. I don't recall that ever happening before.

What do you think would cause that? I didn't cover or block any ventilation openings.

I upgraded my remote antenna to better than stock omnis, and I've noticed since then that the fan is almost always running. I have it charging right now, powered off, and the fan is kicking on and off. I don't recall that ever happening before.

What do you think would cause that? I didn't cover or block any ventilation openings.

Same here. Batteries get hot when charging. To prevent overheating and damaging the insides, Autel made it so everytime the control had any type of power running, it would also run the fan. Perhaps you never noticed before?

How well does the range extending atennas working for you'? I'm waiting for someone to release omnidirectional range extending antennas to mod mine.

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
Same here. Batteries get hot when charging. To prevent overheating and damaging the insides, Autel made it so everytime the control had any type of power running, it would also run the fan. Perhaps you never noticed before?

How well does the range extending atennas working for you'? I'm waiting for someone to release omnidirectional range extending antennas to mod mine.
Alright, cool, thanks. I must have just not noticed before.

As far the performance of the new antennas, believe it or not I haven't had a chance to test them yet. With the weather being bad and the arrival of a new drone, I just haven't had time. I'll post results when I do tho. I was hoping to do it today, but it seems a bit windy here.

Reactions: Ansia

Titan makes dual band omnidirectional antenna whips that work on the Evo. I haven't tried them but was tempted recently. However, I installed a 4Hawks Raptor XR, which is directional and quite large, but the results were phenomenal. Carolina Dronz sells the Titan whips in 5, 7 and 9 DBI.

Titan makes dual band omnidirectional antenna whips that work on the Evo. I haven't tried them but was tempted recently. However, I installed a 4Hawks Raptor XR, which is directional and quite large, but the results were phenomenal. Carolina Dronz sells the Titan whips in 5, 7 and 9 DBI.
I was just looking at those, i kinda wish I would have known about them sooner, it looks like it may have been a better fit inside the remote. Not that it's too late, I just already spent the money... (and still haven't had a chance to go out and see what these can really do yet)

Those are still passive, aren't they? They have 3 different strength levels but I don't see any type of amplification gadget.

I was just looking at those, i kinda wish I would have known about them sooner, it looks like it may have been a better fit inside the remote. Not that it's too late, I just already spent the money... (and still haven't had a chance to go out and see what these can really do yet)

Those are still passive, aren't they? They have 3 different strength levels but I don't see any type of amplification gadget.
Perhaps it's inside the antennas?

Perhaps it's inside the antennas?
I understand that the Titan whips are indeed passive and may order them for those times that I won't want to use the 4Hawks XR. They fit perfectly on the 4Hawks connectors that now reside on and in my RC.

Reactions: Ansia
I understand that the Titan whips are indeed passive and may order them for those times that I won't want to use the 4Hawks XR. They fit perfectly on the 4Hawks connectors that now reside on and in my RC.
Which ones are you interested in?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d