Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unknown Place - Unknown Device in Explorer

MattMPA

Reaction score
Well folks, I searched and didn't find an answer.

Using an iPhone 8 with a Evo II Pro, my flight logs all shown in the app as "Unknown Place" with an "Unknown Device".

These have correct data when viewed in AirData.

Has anyone gotten this work correctly? An iOS issue?

I'm sorry to report that I called Autel with a couple of questions and was disappointed to get no answers, other than guesses from the gentleman on the phone.

Reactions: parkgt
I've got the same issue. I do have a few that tell me, but 95% show this:
BC3318B3-7C2A-4167-926C-86938C7F383A.png

Well folks, I searched and didn't find an answer.

Using an iPhone 8 with a Evo II Pro, my flight logs all shown in the app as "Unknown Place" with an "Unknown Device".

These have correct data when viewed in AirData.

Has anyone gotten this work correctly? An iOS issue?

I'm sorry to report that I called Autel with a couple of questions and was disappointed to get no answers, other than guesses from the gentleman on the phone.

Reactions: PingSpike
Seeing the same info from iOS Explorer app... and had the same experience with AirData. Strange indeed.

Same here, Possibly a bug from new 2.5 FW, I didn't get his before updating. I'm using 5.5 Crystalsky monitor.

I was on the road a bit today, so I figured I'd called Autel support and see what they think of this situation.

They say that the app gets the location from either Apple Maps or Google Maps, depending upon the app's OS. So, if the "maps" app doesn't have a name for a given location...it comes up as "unknown". My wife has a Galaxy J7, I'd have to test it to see if it's any different.

I was on the road a bit today, so I figured I'd called Autel support and see what they think of this situation.

They say that the app gets the location from either Apple Maps or Google Maps, depending upon the app's OS. So, if the "maps" app doesn't have a name for a given location...it comes up as "unknown". My wife has a Galaxy J7, I'd have to test it to see if it's any different.
Best way to see if this is true is to check your flight logs and use the coordinates provided there to see if it shows the location of your flight.

AirData shows the correct location according to the map shown. The coordinates also denote the correct place.

I guess Apple Maps doesn't know the town name, etc?

UPDATE: Tried my wife'sGalaxy j7....it displays our township name.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike
Sorry to be late to the party....but yes AirData does work with Evo, as PingSpike shows.

I also found that there is an AirData app. It's very limited in what it does...but does show your flights...

Just remember to get the most out of AirData it is not free. The basic free account is just that "basic"

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d