Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unknown flight record

CaptainAL

Reaction score
I looked at my flight records on my Samsung Galaxy pad that works well with my pumpkin. I did a 1:30 flight the other evening to catch some sunset photos. There is now a flight record of one minute after that flight showing I flew 4,687,517 ft in 19 secs at 4ft altitude from Cariboo J Canada to Oregon?? wtf? Anybody else get anything like this?

It could have been the motors were started before it had a good GPS lock. Most people this happens to the map will show them flying to Africa. The point near Africa is the "center" of many maps.

26166784_10215393873746458_3638335253522279625_n.jpg

Close - The point off Africa is the intersection of the Equator and GMT. So it makes sense during initialization, the software uses this reference.

Thats basically what Autel said, but why did I get Cariboo J Canada? Now I want to take a trip there, looks like pretty country side.

As inertial navigation systems sink up to satellites, the locations can jump around a lot until the math is verified with subsequent satellites. We used to call it "vacation roulette" aboard ship. It was not uncommon to "take a trip around the hemisphere" before coming to the disappointing realization that we were still in the middle of the damn Pacific Ocean.

Another way to look at it, "If your not the lead dog, the scenery never changes"

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials