Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unable to Activate Autel Care

Ladiver

Reaction score
I am trying to activate the Autel Care, but keep getting a message "The serial number of the fuselage does not meet the conditions for binding insurance." I have 24 hours remaining in the 48-hour window. I called Autel and they are closed this week for CES!

Anyone else have this issue? How was it resolved?

***UPDATE***

I was contacted via e-mail this morning (4 hours ago) stating that I was outside of my 48-hour window and may need to send the drone in for them to evaluate! That is super odd because as of writing this post, I am pretty close to 48 hours since opening the box! I responded with proof of purchase and flight logs from the first two flights. If they don't add the Autel Care, I will dispute the charge on my credit card and return the drone. I hear DJI makes a pretty good product. :)

This would be truly unfortunate for Autel, as I work for a government agency that is looking into purchasing additional drones. The Evo II Dual Enterprise is (was) high on my list as an alternative to the DJI Matrice.

***UPDATE***

I was contacted via e-mail this morning (4 hours ago) stating that I was outside of my 48-hour window and may need to send the drone in for them to evaluate! That is super odd because as of writing this post, I am pretty close to 48 hours since opening the box! I responded with proof of purchase and flight logs from the first two flights. If they don't add the Autel Care, I will dispute the charge on my credit card and return the drone. I hear DJI makes a pretty good product. :)

This would be truly unfortunate for Autel, as I work for a government agency that is looking into purchasing additional drones. The Evo II Dual Enterprise is (was) high on my list as an alternative to the DJI Matrice.
yeah that's pretty strange. where did your government agency buy the drone from may i ask? maybe i missed it in the op but did you mention which drone model you are trying to get autel care for? the 48 hours will start from the time when you register the drone, not when you open the box so that might buy you a few more hours/days.

also you should be aware of the geofencing restrictions that many people complain about with the dji drones. i have quite a few dji drones and not a single one has been grounded but like you, i keep "hearing" about these fantastic dji drones.

a dispute is not necessary. most merchants are happy to take back a return within 24 hours. it's just a drone and care, doesn't require a whole bunch of complaints. but i agree with you, i would hate to ship off my practically new drone in order to get it evaluated for care. dji has improved their process where the owner can submit a short video clip showing the drone's details and they'll activate care without having to see the drone. i did this once with a dji drone i had owned for almost a year.

This drone is the EVO II 8K and I purchased it for personal use from Best Buy. This specific one is not for government work, rather just a way to decide if spending $10K+ on Autel makes any sense.

normally it's not a problem for the evo2 drones. there's no reason why the 8k should not be eligible unless you bought an open box or a refurb or something other than new from bby. once those s/n have been triggered, they can't be used again online. you may have an issue that you can take up with bby.

Yeah, I will wait to see what Autel comes back with. The package was sealed and there did not appear to be anything tampered with, but the s/n is on the outside of the box, so it is possible that someone grabbed it and registered it. Why someone would do that, I do not know.

Yeah, I will wait to see what Autel comes back with. The package was sealed and there did not appear to be anything tampered with, but the s/n is on the outside of the box, so it is possible that someone grabbed it and registered it. Why someone would do that, I do not know.
yes let us know what autel says. doesn't make sense for anyone to pay for that serial number with no possibility of ever getting a valid claim without actually having the drone. fortunately autel care just isn't the valuable. however, not a big fan of bby so there's that.

did you try to enter the s/n online at the website or thru the app?

I was trying to register through the website.
ok. i remember when the website launched and at first, it wasn't working properly. took them several weeks to fix the glitch. could be "offline" with the recent changes to add new drones. you might have luck when you talk to autel next week, i believe ces goes thru saturday.

I am trying to activate the Autel Care, but keep getting a message "The serial number of the fuselage does not meet the conditions for binding insurance." I have 24 hours remaining in the 48-hour window. I called Autel and they are closed this week for CES!

Anyone else have this issue? How was it resolved?
I have the same error message. I have been emailing back and forth. They asked me for images of my drone purchase and I supplied them. Haven't gotten it resolved yet, although it seems like they are trying.

the same thing arrive me in september with an EVO II PRO V2 i spend lot of time to try to solve the problem the only solution is to contact support and read carrefully the may they send back

I am still working with support. As of yesterday, they assured me that I am covered while we are figuring it out. They are definitely trying, so that’s good.

FINALLY! As of this afternoon, I was able to activate Autel Care. I worked with support to add the various serial numbers (drone, controller, fumble) into their system.

FINALLY! As of this afternoon, I was able to activate Autel Care. I worked with support to add the various serial numbers (drone, controller, fumble) into their system.
How long did it take to get a live person when you dialed their toll free support number?

I never called them. Since this was not a critical issue, preventing me from flying, I did everything via e-mail.

Reactions: f13dfx
I have the same error message. I have been emailing back and forth. They asked me for images of my drone purchase and I supplied them. Haven't gotten it resolved yet, although it seems like they are trying.
update - finally got my autel care activated with help from AutelRobotics support! Thanks!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy