Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

UK extends airfield NFZs from 13 March

YuKay

Reaction score
BBC

The new exclusion radius will then be 4.6km or 3.7km depending on the size of the aerodrome.

In addition, each NFZ will be extended by a 1km-wide runway envelope stretching 5km from both ends of every runway.

• Wow
Reactions: Ansia
Wow. The paranoia the British got from the holidays has made them go into extreme measures. Worst part is, in neither of the drone sighting cases, they were able to confirm a drone or make any arrests....

I have written to the UK Transport Minister, Baroness Sugg, to complain about the overkill and forewarn her that thousands of law-abiding citizens will no longer be able to fly in their own gardens when the new NFZs come in - possibly leading to class actions for compensation.

However, not only will this not change but it is also likely to be replicated across Europe and possibly further afield.

The irony is that with jet and light aircraft movements above my property increasing almost daily, the risk of a repeat of an accident a few years ago when a helicopter crashed into my garden is growing and there is nothing I can do about it (until/unless I can buy my own NFZ).

Sure, it's relatively small beer if my family is wiped out but the risk to light aircraft is also on the scale of a minor catastrophe so the government should not be imposing onerous NFZs on rural airfields in my view.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58