Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Trying to turn left and right in forward flight

nottoobad1

Reaction score
My Lite+ is flying ok but when I go to bank left or right in forward flight it doesn`t tilt to the desired direction- it turns but stays level and drifts. Is this normal or should I use some right stick?

What I'd really like to see added is some sort of cruise control for the horizontal direction, while allowing the pilot adjust altitude and rotate the drone/camera 360 degrees. I'm working on my piloting skills, but rotating the camera left, right or backwards while trying to fly in a straight line is a tough skill to master.

If I understand what you are asking, I think the AutelSky app does have the feature that you are talking about. I've never tried FPV mode, so I can't say how well it does or does not work, but the intent of the feature is to allow the camera to tilt left or right on banking turns. Now I'm curious. I'll have to try this mode out on my next flight.

1680702195174.png

What I'd really like to see added is some sort of cruise control for the horizontal direction, while allowing the pilot adjust altitude and rotate the drone/camera 360 degrees. I'm working on my piloting skills, but rotating the camera left, right or backwards while trying to fly in a straight line is a tough skill to master.

If I understand what you are asking, I think the AutelSky app does have the feature that you are talking about. I've never tried FPV mode, so I can't say how well it does or does not work, but the intent of the feature is to allow the camera to tilt left or right on banking turns. Now I'm curious. I'll have to try this mode out on my next flight.

View attachment 15876

I wrote to Autel telling about this "problem" they told me- oh it`s the wind that`ll do that. LOL well, I got news for ya. ALL aircraft tilts when banking L or R- from model planes to helis to a Boeing 747. The Lite+ just stays level BUT I get a decent turn going slow or crank up the turning speed. My Fimi X8 made real smooth turns and camera followed suit. I `m planning to try out the new Fimi X8 pro in near future. Tomorrow I`m going to try FPV mode again. I`m still feeling out this bird. You said you`d like to see cruise control? There are 3 speed modes on it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials