Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Traveling Case for the Autel EVO II?

herein2021

Reaction score
Has anyone travelled on a plane yet with their Autel EVO II? If so what case did you use? I've got some jobs coming up that are going to take me all over the country and I already know the rugged case is too big. I hate soft cases but the EVO II is so much larger than my Mavic Pro was that I may need to go to a soft case and travel with it as a carry-on. I'm looking at these three right now. With the DJI Mavic Pro the drone, tablet, holder, and 3 batteries fit in less space than the EVO II with 1 battery and the remote. I try to never check my drones with the luggage if at all possible.

Soft Case

Hard Case

Hard Shell

Reactions: advexure
FWIW, we've done tons of flights with the GPC EVO II Rugged Case as a carry-on. Mostly Southwest and a few Alaska. None of us have ever been questioned about it being too big for carry-on. :)

We also try to avoid checking systems if possible, and most importantly, always be sure you are carrying your lithium batteries on-board and not checking them.

And for those who will ask how many EVO II batteries can be brought on board....
In the US, the FAA and TSA (individual airlines could have their own rules from what we've seen) do not have any restriction on the number of rechargeable lithium (ion or polymer) batteries that can carried on board if they are under 100Wh (EVO II batteries are 82Wh). Now you know! ?

FWIW, we've done tons of flights with the GPC EVO II Rugged Case as a carry-on. Mostly Southwest and a few Alaska. None of us have ever been questioned about it being too big for carry-on. :)

We also try to avoid checking systems if possible, and most importantly, always be sure you are carrying your lithium batteries on-board and not checking them.

And for those who will ask how many EVO II batteries can be brought on board....
In the US, the FAA and TSA (individual airlines could have their own rules from what we've seen) do not have any restriction on the number of rechargeable lithium (ion or polymer) batteries that can carried on board if they are under 100Wh (EVO II batteries are 82Wh). Now you know! ?

My traveling setup is I check all clothing, my photography and video equipment all fit into my main camera bag the LowePro ProTactic 450 (awesome bag btw) which goes into the overhead, and my drone I bring in a bag on my shoulder and pass it off as a "personal item" like women do with pocketbooks. The rugged case is too big to pass off as a personal item. The hard shell cases are my favorites for this setup, but the EVO is so big it will only fit one battery.

Also, as you mentioned I never check the flight batteries so whatever I can carry on is what I bring. The more I type this the more I think I've already talked myself into the hard shell case. I might be able to fit another flight battery into the LowePro if I leave a lens at home.

Another tip with the batteries when flying is always discharge them to 20% or less first. Never fly on a plane with a full Lithium drone battery.

I have that hard case that you listed. Its brand new never used. Selling for $125. shipped. US 48

Personally, I like ThinkTank photo bags. they are soft, not conspicuous and while they are technically a soft bag, they have a harder outside shell. I used them for my photography equipment. They can be configured as you need them to be with velcro separators, etc. They have smaller bags and larger bags and generally are about the size of a carry on. Love those bags.

Reactions: advexure
I got the Apache 3800 Rugged Mobility at Harbor Freight. I think it was $30 or $40 on sale. It comes with pick-apart foam, but I fit the original boxes that my Evo@ Pro came in - drone, extra battery, controller, and cables, memory, etc., with a bit of bubble wrap to make it a tight fit. I cut the drone's original hard foam to fit.

Has anyone travelled on a plane yet with their Autel EVO II? If so what case did you use? I've got some jobs coming up that are going to take me all over the country and I already know the rugged case is too big. I hate soft cases but the EVO II is so much larger than my Mavic Pro was that I may need to go to a soft case and travel with it as a carry-on. I'm looking at these three right now. With the DJI Mavic Pro the drone, tablet, holder, and 3 batteries fit in less space than the EVO II with 1 battery and the remote. I try to never check my drones with the luggage if at all possible.

Soft Case

Hard Case

Hard Shell
Hi l use ThinkTank photo Urban Disguise 35v2

The GPC EVO II rugged Case is great, had to make a few mod's such as cutout for quick access holder for extra sd/micro sd cards, and holder for external strobes. Am able to hold 4 batteries, livedeck, extra cables, extra props, sun visor, plus controller and aircraft.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg