Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

transmission interference?

Shain Rufus

Reaction score
I've noticed lately that the Evo 2 pro 6k v2 that I have has a difficult time keeping a good transmission image. I'm trying to determine if this is normal or if my drone is at fault. I've not noticed screen artifacting with my dji drones or color aberrations but with the evo I have noticed it at range but still in VLOS. Its very similar to other racing drones I have flown in the past. Is this a normal occurrence? I noticed it with my original controller setup and I still notice it with the new smart controller v2 as well.

Last edited:
I've noticed lately that the Evo 2 pro 6k v2 that I have has a difficult time keeping a good transmission image. I'm trying to determine if this is normal or if my drone is at fault. I've not noticed screen artifacting with my dji drones or color aberrations but with the evo I have noticed it at range but still in VOL. Its very similar to other racing drones I have flown in the past. Is this a normal occurrence? I noticed it with my original controller setup and I still notice it with the new smart controller v2 as well.
Cant speak for the v2, however with v1 (EVO 2 Pro 6K and 8K) have run into some similar image transmission issues in the past. The only thing was able to correlate to, however not prove was if did not put app/device into airplane mode, or was very close to a wifi ap (1-3 meters). Have also seen with DJI, can be tied to download signal. For autel, if you have not tried, go into the app, Image transmission, select image transmission mode, HD or Smooth and see if see any difference.

I haven't tested the new controller for that. The previous setup if I switched to HD the image lagged behind so I had to keep it in smooth to limit the lag delay. I'll test it out tomorrow though.

I've heard the alien booster people are adding to their controllers help a lot in transmission range...I wonder if it helps with other issues like the one I posted above.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Cant speak for the v2, however with v1 (EVO 2 Pro 6K and 8K) have run into some similar image transmission issues in the past. The only thing was able to correlate to, however not prove was if did not put app/device into airplane mode, or was very close to a wifi ap (1-3 meters). Have also seen with DJI, can be tied to download signal. For autel, if you have not tried, go into the app, Image transmission, select image transmission mode, HD or Smooth and see if see any difference.
Just so I'm clear, are you saying it should be better if the controller/phone is in airplane mode?

Just so I'm clear, are you saying it should be better if the controller/phone is in airplane mode?
Possibly, if you are getting interference, try putting phone into airplane mode as have seen that help in the past.

Possibly, if you are getting interference, try putting phone into airplane mode as have seen that help in the past.
What frustrates me is I have the large smart controller, and image transmission is still awful....

What frustrates me is I have the large smart controller, and image transmission is still awful....
I dont have the smart controllers, avoid them with Autel and DJI, instead have droid phone & tablet as well as an ios mini tablet that use as a display with different controllers.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials