Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tilted horizon with firmware 1.5.8.?

jcmarceau

Reaction score
Does anyone have tilted horizon still with this firmware because i never had tilted horizon with the past firmwares but now seams i do. Did calibration like always even few time but doesn’t seems to work. Something i have remarked is that the calibration process is very quick compare to older firmware calibration process?

I have the issue with the 1.5.8 firmware and past firmwares as well. I think this is a common issue with the original Evo.

• Wow
Reactions: jcmarceau
I didn't have the problem until later firmware, though I don't necessarily think it was the firmware but I don't know. You could calibrate, but it was almost like the gimbal level was tied to the heading because if you turn the drone, the level would get thrown off more as you turned, and if you turned back to the original heading, it would almost straighten out. This was true also if you manually adjusted the roll while flying.

I also had an issue where on a mission it would fly the line straight, but with the the drone angled off to the left.

I contacted Autel, they said the common gimbal issue was fixed under previous firmware, and so it must be hardware and send it in. After they got it, they said they are going to replace the main board under warranty.

So if your problems are similar, I would recommend contacting Autel.

Reactions: butch and Tufargon
I did a gimbal calibration with remote control only and no cell plug in and it calibrate slowly like before but as soon as I do it with the cell plug in it does the calibration very fast. So now I do it with the rc only. And seems to resolve my tilted horizon

I did a gimbal calibration with remote control only and no cell plug in and it calibrate slowly like before but as soon as I do it with the cell plug in it does the calibration very fast. So now I do it with the rc only. And seems to resolve my tilted horizon
Does the calibration hold once you are in the air and turn the drone?

Will have to see this next flight but the calibration process that is not the same with cell phone vs rc screen that is strange? Try it to see on your side if it is the same with or without cell phone.

Will have to see this next flight but the calibration process that is not the same with cell phone vs rc screen that is strange? Try it to see on your side if it is the same with or without cell phone.
I'm still waiting on my Evo to come back from Autel otherwise I would try it tonight.

I have the issue with the 1.5.8 firmware and past firmwares as well. I think this is a common issue with the original Evo.
original Evo ? Had to return my Evo that I bought at Amazon bundle do to a few things. but I am going to buy directly at Autel Website . Cost more but feel a lot better buying from there. When you say Original Evo what do you mean. What evo should I buy ?

original Evo ? Had to return my Evo that I bought at Amazon bundle do to a few things. but I am going to buy directly at Autel Website . Cost more but feel a lot better buying from there. When you say Original Evo what do you mean. What evo should I buy ?
Evo 1 or Evo is the same original aircraft.

Reactions: DavidRoss
I'm experiencing tilted horizon before and after latest firmware (1.5.8). I can calibrate it but then when the aircraft turns to a new heading the horizon is off again. It's a problem that keeps creeping up during flights even after re-calibrating multiple times.

I'm experiencing tilted horizon before and after latest firmware (1.5.8). I can calibrate it but then when the aircraft turns to a new heading the horizon is off again. It's a problem that keeps creeping up during flights even after re-calibrating multiple times.
This is a common issue with the Evo... Don't know if at this point a firmware can fix it at all.

Since mine came back from Autel, it seems to be fixed, but I have to run the auto calibration almost every flight.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles