Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tilted horizon problem fixed?

parkgt

Reaction score
It has been a while since I have seen any video posted with an obviously tilted horizon; it had been quite common early on.

I wonder if the last updates fixed it without Autel ever admitting the problem or listing it as a fix in the updates.

Happy not to see those now!

I think it was either the very first or second FW release that Autel brought out that fixed the horizon issue.

Upon my first flight my horizon was off. But a calibration of the gimbal and EMU fixed it.

Hi I just did the new EVO II firmware update on my EVO II Pro and there was a severe horizon tilt. Is there a way to adjust the Horizon while in flight? Under gimbal calibration there did not seem to be an option. Thanks!

Mine was out of wack from the box. IMU calibration solved it. Don't think there is anything you can do in flight

The latest firmware seems to have reintroduced the issue once again. They had it nailed prior to this.

Reactions: Andrew01
There is no tilt issue if you setup your drone correctly:
Step1: Calibrate the Gimbal on a 100% leveled surface [ important to measure it, do not assume it's levelled ! ]
Step2: Trim the remaing tilt in the advanced settings.

Never perform a gimbal calibration -in field- or on a unlevelled surface, that will screw things up guaranteed. If adjustmends need to be made in field only use the advanced trim settings.

Good luck!

Reactions: PingSpike
Wrong. The newest firmware reintroduced a gimbal shift again, along with a slew of other issues. Yaw drift, leftward drift while flying stick straight and gimbal issues. When yawing the gimbal doesn’t realign and the horizon never corrects itself as it should. So yes, even with “the drone set up correctly” the gimbal is still canted.

Wrong. The newest firmware reintroduced a gimbal shift again, along with a slew of other issues. Yaw drift, leftward drift while flying stick straight and gimbal issues. When yawing the gimbal doesn’t realign and the horizon never corrects itself as it should. So yes, even with “the drone set up correctly” the gimbal is still canted.
I do not recognize this issues on my drone E2P..

Exact same issues that I have. The gimbal never really corrects itself when yawing but rather results in a tilted horizon.

How come we have these issues and other EVO 2 Pro pilots don't? ??

Too bad Autel doesn't give us the option the revert back from their flawed updates.

Yup exactly. There is no option that I know of. Who knows how long we are stuck with these issues. Quite ridiculous to be honest.

You have to remember that until the final update comes out that these are all beta and that you are not required to update it if you don't want. I did all the updates with my XSP as they came out and there were a few/couple that I wish I had skipped.

You have to remember that until the final update comes out that these are all beta and that you are not required to update it if you don't want. I did all the updates with my XSP as they came out and there were a few/couple that I wish I had skipped.

What exactly do you mean by final updates? Did I miss something and where did it/does it say that the latest firmware update 2.5.0 is a only a beta version? I'm new to Autel, so that's the reason I'm asking.

It's always been that way with Autel. The final version is the final version when they are done working out the bugs. Maybe they don't call it beta anymore but I thought so.

Exact same issue here, all was fine until last update, flying a pro.

Reactions: Cicero24

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller