Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thumbs up Autel - Honoring warranty

NovicePilot

Reaction score
Miami Florida and Bogota Colombia, my two homes!
Pilots, I have read posts about Autel not complying with warranties but that's not my case. About 4 weeks ago, I found that RC antennas were cracked in their base -don't know what really happened-. I called customer service and they collected information like purchase date, serial numbers and description of the event. The guy at Autel, Aldan, was very receptive and willing to help. Few hours later, he emailed me a Federal Express postage and an approval letter for the warranty. I shipped the RC and machine and right 7 days later, I received an invoice for labor and parts MINUS warranty = Zero dollars, and shipping number for tracking. Three days ago I received the RC ready to fly. Thumbs up Autel for honoring the warranties and for the speedy service!!! ??

You have me confused. You said Autel is not complying with warranty, but they replaced the antennas under warranty?

You have me confused. You said Autel is not complying with warranty, but they replaced the antennas under warranty?
Sorry for the confusion. I said that some posts that I have read state that Autel charged for repairing the antennas but in my case they did not charge me a penny. Hoping it is clearer now.

Sorry for the confusion. I said that some posts that I have read state that Autel charged for repairing the antennas but in my case they did not charge me a penny. Hoping it is clearer now.
They won’t repair nothin anymore. I just need a gimbal arm & ribbon cable & I sent mine in & they said to buy a refurbished one for $599 but all I need is my camera fixed. Or Even just the parts ! I can fix it myself

Reactions: NovicePilot
They won’t repair nothin anymore. I just need a gimbal arm & ribbon cable & I sent mine in & they said to buy a refurbished one for $599 but all I need is my camera fixed. Or Even just the parts ! I can fix it myself
I've been reading your last few posts. I understand your frustration, but if you are dissatisfied with your purchase, sell it back right up and move on. Also, NovicePilot doesn't own a XSP. Autel repairs Evos.

I've been reading your last few posts. I understand your frustration, but if you are dissatisfied with your purchase, sell it back right up and move on. Also, NovicePilot doesn't own a XSP. Autel repairs Evos.
Sorry. Was just tryin to put the word out & maybe I’ll get lucky ?

Sorry. Was just tryin to put the word out & maybe I’ll get lucky ?
My recommendation is to post in the classified section that you are looking for the ribbon cable and arm. Also try doing the same in Autel facebook groups. I've seen members being able to get find parts that way. Many of the threads you posted are irrevelant to the XSP or to old and not being followed by posters who no longer log in.

Oh I didn’t know that about evos

Oh I didn’t know that about evos
It's a great drone! It's like a Mavic, but with great features like 4K 60fps, no Geofencing restrictions, etc.
EVO_1200x1200.png
If you can buy one, I recommend it. You can see it's part of my fleet in my avatar.

Yeah I have a Mavic pro & a P3S. It just sucks because my Autel has been sittin for like a year because of 2 $5 parts that I’d have fixed on my P3 within 10 mins.

Yeah I have a Mavic pro & a P3S. It just sucks because my Autel has been sittin for like a year because of 2 $5 parts that I’d have fixed on my P3 within 10 mins.
Try my suggestion. Perhaps a nice soul will sell you the parts and you can fly again.

I'd keep an eye on fleabay too. Good luck. It's a great bird.

I'd keep an eye on fleabay too. Good luck. It's a great bird.
Yeah I check ebay everyday. I just wonder why Autel is so stingy with parts ? And parts they know people will break a lot more than anything

It's just the way they've always been. I guess they prefer to do in house repair rather than let anyone do it themselves. Very bad idea in my opinion. Especially for discontinued or out of warranty models.
Doesn't your P3S have a detachable gimble? If it does you should check if the ribbon cables are the same. If so you'd just have to get one of those to replace the one on the XSP.

It's just the way they've always been. I guess they prefer to do in house repair rather than let anyone do it themselves. Very bad idea in my opinion. Especially for discontinued or out of warranty models.
Doesn't your P3S have a detachable gimble? If it does you should check if the ribbon cables are the same. If so you'd just have to get one of those to replace the one on the XSP.
Nah, yeah I wish it were that easy

Have you looked? They are basically the same bird and a data cable for a device like this should be basically the same and should probably have the exact same cables and connections. Just like any data cable for phones etc... They're both made in the same place and who knows, probably were made on an assembly line side by side. DJI has had a few law suits against Autel for saying Autel stole stuff from them.
Anyhow. Rather than derail the thread I wish you luck.

Have you looked? They are basically the same bird and a data cable for a device like this should be basically the same and should probably have the exact same cables and connections. Just like any data cable for phones etc... They're both made in the same place and who knows, probably were made on an assembly line side by side. DJI has had a few law suits against Autel for saying Autel stole stuff from them.
?? Thanks man

Reactions: Tufargon
Nah, yeah I wish it were that easy
They won’t even repair it. They want to sell me a refurbished bird for $599. Nothing else on the drone even has a scratch on it. This thing’s been sitting for like a year because they kinda dicked me around for a little while & then said it was out of warranty...? It just sits in the case now

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD