Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thermal Imaging, Not FLIR

moodman

Reaction score
I have been wanting to equip my Evo 1 with a thermal camera. But no luck so far. My desire is to somehow input the output from a thermal camera into the video stream coming from the bird, so that in essence I can "hack" my drone to make it "FLIR-like" in operation.
As far as I know, there are no ways to mix the stream coming down to my controller. And, this isn't possible with the Evo2 either (unless of course you buy it already equipped, but that's very pricey)
I think drones ought to have input ports on them for adding peripherals, but I know of no brands out there that have this capability.
Any ideas?

I have been wanting to equip my Evo 1 with a thermal camera. But no luck so far. My desire is to somehow input the output from a thermal camera into the video stream coming from the bird, so that in essence I can "hack" my drone to make it "FLIR-like" in operation.
As far as I know, there are no ways to mix the stream coming down to my controller. And, this isn't possible with the Evo2 either (unless of course you buy it already equipped, but that's very pricey)
I think drones ought to have input ports on them for adding peripherals, but I know of no brands out there that have this capability.
Any ideas?
This is the only guy I know of who has the ability to possibly do what you are hinting at. He's created thermal platforms for other aircraft, and I am assuming with the popularity coming of the EVO 2 series, he may create something if he has enough people with an interest in it. Shoot him an email. You never know.

There is no easy, cost effective way to add a thermal payload to a drone that is near end of life. At the end of the day you could do so , but why? You will have a drone with a second camera and a controller with a second screen and device. The thermal video feed will most likely not transmit at the same distance that your Evo 1 video feed does. You have now added weight and taken away flight time.

Any added on thermal camera on a Evo 1 is not going to have the ease of use, integration, warranty support, customer support and flight time.

If you really need a thermal solution for "low cost" at this time $6,000 - $7,000 is the going rate. 640 resolution thermals in the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and Autel Evo 2 640T will satisfy most thermal requirements. And they both meet your "Not FLIR" requirement.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy