Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The Federal Government has temporarily banned drones from flying over parts of Portland

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
he Federal Government has temporarily banned drones from flying over parts of Portland where ongoing protests show no signs of abating. If you violate the rules – your drone could be seized and even destroyed.

Hmmm I had considered going up there to do just that - see what is really going on, but I also wanted to fly, guess not now :-(

Not sure I'd want to. In fact I don't want to be anywhere near that ruckus.

Not to be political but I don't view them as protests, I view them as riots and destruction of property. The line has been blurred. Typical.

Flying your drone in that environment could end with it's destruction. For me, FAA restriction or not is not prudent.

Last edited:
Not sure I'd want to. In fact I don't want to be anywhere near that ruckus.

Not to be political but I don't view them as protests, I view them as riots and destruction of property. The line has been blurred. Typical.

Flying your drone in that environment could end with it's destruction. For me, FAA restriction or not is not prudent.

Which is exactly why I kinda wanted to go up there and see for myself. I'm not entirely trusting of the media at this point.

Probably better not to for your own well being. Got some wacko people up there. I don't trust the media at all, but irregardless I don't want to put myself in harm's way.

There are destructive people there. But the majority are not, like the Mom’s and protesting senior veterans and middle aged types with secure jobs they do not want to lose.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183