Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The "Chateau de Charmes" Charmes Castle in France !

Franlac

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone from the south of France
I had no connection internet for 15 days!
I am happy to see you again ...
I make you discover a very old Castle located near the city of "Romans sur Isére" in the south of France.
It was abandoned and was very damaged by squatters for many years.
But I participate in its restoration, and I made this film to make it known in the world!
thank you for your support..

That's an excellent video as always Francis. When was this castle built?? Do you have any history of ownership, etc.?? Thanks!!!!

Reactions: Franlac
That's an excellent video as always Francis. When was this castle built?? Do you have any history of ownership, etc.?? Thanks!!!!
The castle of Charmes occupies a typical position of the feudal constructions, overhanging and dominating the valley of the Herbasse, to ensure surveillance and defense of the territory.
It was built in the 12th century on the site of a wooden tower and an enclosure built in the 10th century.

In the 15th century the grandfather of Diane de Poitiers -Imbert de Batarnay- was the owner.

The building is in the form of a quadrilateral with two towers and two pepper pots, the dungeon is attached to the north facade. The underground, collapsed, was probably built in the 14th century.

It has been relatively little modified as to its general appearance. The most substantial changes concern openings and roofs.

At the time of the Renaissance, work was undertaken to transform what was a fortification into a pleasant pleasure castle.
The old openings were walled, large mullioned windows were drilled and ground floor doors were created. An interior layout was undertaken, the distribution of floor levels was changed.

In the 17th century, the interior of the castle was laid out, including classic-style marble fireplaces in the first and second floor rooms.
In the large living room on the first floor, a magnificent fireplace is carved in the Mannerist style. At the same time, a grisaille decoration is painted in the oratory of the second floor.
In the 18th century, basins were dug. They are fed, as well as the cave of romantic style, by a system of captation and routing of water coming from a source.

In the 19th century, the Neo-Gothic style finds its expression in the northern walls.

With walls that are almost two meters thick at the base and sink six meters into the ground, it can still challenge the centuries ...

Reactions: KentA

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy