Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Surfing at Noosa National Park, Australia

Roscow31

Reaction score
I shot this on early Sunday morning whilst doing a bushwalk into the Noosa national park.

Reactions: Nathan
I shot this on early Sunday morning whilst doing a bushwalk into the Noosa national park.

I don't mean to be the morality police here, but if I were you I would remove that video immediately. Drones have been banned from all National Parks since 2014 and they are more aggressive than the FAA when it comes to prosecutions. The one exception is if you can prove that you took off and landed outside of the national park, a scenario that is typically unrealistic for most national parks. I avoid national parks like the plague.

Just my .02

i really really dislike this law in america since it is obvious most national parks are probably some of the better and safest places to fly a drone. personally, i think this law will be reversed one day and there will be limited flights and/or exceptions with specific rules. for example, you can fly a drone in red rock outside las vegas. sounds like the national park law may not apply to other countries as i think the noosa is located in australia. i wouldn't trade their laws for ours but this has to be a good thing.

Reactions: herein2021
i really really dislike this law in america since it is obvious most national parks are probably some of the better and safest places to fly a drone. personally, i think this law will be reversed one day and there will be limited flights and/or exceptions with specific rules. for example, you can fly a drone in red rock outside las vegas. sounds like the national park law may not apply to other countries as i think the noosa is located in australia. i wouldn't trade their laws for ours but this has to be a good thing.

That makes sense, I thought it was an American National Park.

I really dislike this law as well, it is definitely a case of a few people ruining it for everyone. To me this is also an example of government heavy-handedness. I pay ridiculous amounts of taxes each year yet am unable to enjoy many pristine areas of nature just because one person running the National Parks says it is banned to drones.

Many states, Florida included are just as bad. They are banned from state parks here and many counties are now doing the same thing. Pretty soon a parking lot in the middle of nowhere will be the only place you can take off from.

Unfortunately I don't see this getting any better any time soon. There seems to be no advocates on the side of drone pilots and a daily story about some moron stalking someone, crashing into people, or being a nuisance.

Last edited:
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I don't mean to be the morality police here, but if I were you I would remove that video immediately. Drones have been banned from all National Parks since 2014 and they are more aggressive than the FAA when it comes to prosecutions. The one exception is if you can prove that you took off and landed outside of the national park, a scenario that is typically unrealistic for most national parks. I avoid national parks like the plague.

Just my .02
This was taken in Australia, not the US.

Just my .02
This video was not shot in the USA.
Unlike in your country, in Queensland Australia it is perfectly legal to fly drones in National Parks.

This video was not shot in the USA.
Unlike in your country, in Queensland Australia it is perfectly legal to fly drones in National Parks.
nice video. it's really sad that we have a blanket restriction because as was mentioned, it's my land; it's my park and i should be able to enjoy it. don't have to fly everywhere, i can understand not circling around mt rushmore or hover over old faithful or bouncing off el capitan. but there are some really really far out of the way places in the badlands or down in the grand canyon or the grasslands across kansas that would be ideal for solitude and minimal impact on nature. i understand we have quite a few violators here in the us, so it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58