Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Super-glue ruin my machine - Silly accident - Autel no response!

NovicePilot

Reaction score
Miami Florida and Bogota Colombia, my two homes!
I had a very silly accident with my EVO. The rear left leg shoe is always off so tired of fixing it, I put the machine up-side-down so I could apply one drop of super glue into the little groove to permanently affix the shoe. Incredibly, I miscalculated and the drop went straight to the angle where the leg attaches to the machine's body. After cleaning the mess, I stored the machine in the bag. Two days later, I found that the leg was glued to the machine. No way to free it out gently but by force. The machine somehow was damaged. I tried to flight but went up no more than 1 feet and very erratically, did not response to the RC. I contacted Autel [email protected] their response ( This is Autel the scan tool company. You need to contact Autelrobotics.com for Drone assistance.) I called 8886135 they are closed. ***What can I do? Thank you in advance!!!!

Wow that's not good.
I would say wait till the holiday weekend is done and call again.

I know when I work with super glue I get it all over my hands. I get it off with acetone. If you don't have acetone, try finger nail polish remover. Anyway, it works slowly so you'll probably have to keep applying it. Test it on the plastic first to make sure it won't hurt it. If that was my drone that is what I would try.

DO NOT USE ACETONE. IT WILL MELT YOUR PASTIC EVO EXTERIOR.

You are correct. I decided to try it and acetone definitely tried to dissolve the plastic.
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-4.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Ansia
A little info too late. Well look at it this way, it is the 1st of many dings you'll be getting. Similiar feeling to when I get my 1st ding in my non-custom $8-900 surfboard. When I get a ding in my magic boards, I cry. But after the 1st incident, it's like ****-it. Just another ding.

Reactions: Flip
Sort of like when I use a 6000 buck custom built hunting rifle for a walking stick when sidehilling and the muzzle gets filled with dirt or the Cerakote gets scratched on the action and barrel from being in a scabbard when doing a horseback hunt.

Part of the 'experience'... My wife uses that stuff Isocynate to stick stuff together. I stay away from it. Told her once that I'd put some on the toilet seat for her and she told me I'd be sleeping in the garage afterwards.

You are my hero. I would never dare to experiment on my $1500 drone.

Went from shiny to matte finish. Now it's stealthy... Think I'd take all the plastic body parts off and have them hydrocoated in some camo pattern. Pacific Hydrocoat does a nice job and offers many different films.

Good idea. There is also a lot of DIY kits out there. Never done it but from what I have read it does not look to difficult.

Pacific Hydrocoat does all my synthetic stocks (I mostly use Carbon fiber composite stocks on my hunting rifles )because CF don't absorb moisture and I do hunt in the rain and snow.

You can buy 'skin' kits at any outdoors emporium to do rifles but most are pre cut for a particular model.

I like to use a hydrocoater like Pacific because the procedure is, they 'float' a sheet of film in specially treated water and then they put the part on the film and the film adheres to it with no bubbles of air trapped between the part and the film. The they low temp bake it to remove all the moisture and then overcoat the film with a polyurethane coating to make in durable. Pacific will overcoat in gloss, semi gloss or matte, whatever you specify. The film itself is fragile so it needs to be sealed. That makes it very durable and scratch resistant, much more than just applying a store bought film....and the film 'wraps around' the entire piece in a continuous sheet so not only does the visible side get filmed but the underside as well.

I'll see if I can get some pictures up of a few of the rifle stocks I've had done if posting a firearm on here is acceptable.

Reactions: drrags
Just get a can of spray paint, Kubota orange, and spray it. Never know the
difference 200 ft. up.
:cool:

Reactions: Flip
Butch, the primary reason I bought an Autel Evo. 'Grabber Orange' is really Kubota Orange 2, or vice versa. We are an orange family. 2 Kubota tractors, and a Kubota side by side.

That and I have an Autel code reader and it's fantastic. Best OBD scanner I ever used.

Butch, the primary reason I bought an Autel Evo. 'Grabber Orange' is really Kubota Orange 2, or vice versa. We are an orange family. 2 Kubota tractors, and a Kubota side by side.

That and I have an Autel code reader and it's fantastic. Best OBD scanner I ever used.

Well Flip, I didn't buy my evo because of the color but thought it would fill my needs here on the farm. I have one Kubota tractor left, it's my second one.

By the way, is your card reader orange too? :cool:
?

STOP!

Use CA debonder

It’s at every hobby shop for just such an occasion.

a few drops and let it soak into the area then gently seperate the parts and clean with more debonder.

debonder May mess the plastic up if it sits too long on an area. If it’s a area of the craft that you see al the time do it in small phases. You will be shocked. It works like magic.
P

Well Flip, I didn't buy my evo because of the color but thought it would fill my needs here on the farm. I have one Kubota tractor left, it's my second one.

By the way, is your card reader orange too? :cool:
?
No actually. I'm on my 10th and 11th Kubotas. Won't be buying any more the 2 I have handling my farming just fine. Both large frame M series, one cab and one open station.

Never has issue one with any of them and I have an excellent dealer which to me, makes or breaks any brand.

Almost bought a DJI but I don't care for the pismuckle gray color.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials