Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Sun shield

MitchNC

Reaction score
Is there an existing shield that works with Evo or do we have to wait for Autel to put one out?

I can't believe they don't care about the added income of accessories. They could have had a lot of add-on sales.

There are a number of good drone sun shields available on Amazon. Find one that fits your tablet or phone.

I made one from a plastic for sale sign. Snip fold tape paint

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (2).JPG
    IMG_0001 (2).JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0002 (2).JPG
    IMG_0002 (2).JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
I bought a sun shield on Amazon for my iPhone X and the darn thing won't stay on the phone! It keeps sliding off regardless if the silicone protective phone cover is on or off. Also, bought one for the iPad Pro 10.5" and it works beautifully. Go figure.

Diesen Sonnenschutz habe ich mit dem 3D Drucker gemacht.
Ich muss ihn noch ein wenig anpassen (Farbe)... vorerst nur für das iPhone X

IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG

Diesen Sonnenschutz habe ich mit dem 3D Drucker gemacht.
Ich muss ihn noch ein wenig anpassen (Farbe)... vorerst nur für das iPhone X

View attachment 3000
View attachment 3001

The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.

"I have made this sunscreen with the 3D printer.
I have to adjust it a little bit (color) ... for the time being only for the iPhone X"

The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.

"I have made this sunscreen with the 3D printer.
I have to adjust it a little bit (color) ... for the time being only for the iPhone X"
Who said the language of the forum is English? People should be able to post in any language they want. If someone speaks it, they'll get a response. If not, that's their tough luck. No need to chastise them.

Who said the language of the forum is English? People should be able to post in any language they want. If someone speaks it, they'll get a response. If not, that's their tough luck. No need to chastise them.

Read the rules, if you don't like them take it up with the Admin of the site.

Posting Standards
Forum members should use the standard fonts available on the forum. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion (e.g. all caps or excessive color).

Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.

Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something, always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
Signature, Avatar, Profile and Account Standards
Community Standards apply to all sections and features of the website including avatar and profile images, signatures, usernames and other account features.

Reactions: Tufargon
Read the rules, if you don't like them take it up with the Admin of the site.

Posting Standards
Forum members should use the standard fonts available on the forum. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion (e.g. all caps or excessive color).

Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.

Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something, always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
Signature, Avatar, Profile and Account Standards
Community Standards apply to all sections and features of the website including avatar and profile images, signatures, usernames and other account features.
Meh

So what are you saying you should not follow rules set out by the Admin of this site? Have you read them at all?
There are rules and there are rules. Being polite and respectful is one thing. Someone using a different language on this forum, because they are not familiar with English, is a different thing. It's not like there's an Autel forum out there for every spoken language and they chose to post in German on the English Autel forum. Worst case scenario, if they have a question it will not get answered. But to lecture them on this, of all things, is a wee bit OTT. I'm a stickler for rules myself, but I also recognize when some rules are just there to fill space and offer nothing substantial.

So in this case, what you might have achieved is turning off this guy from ever posting again. And for all we know, he may have had some great things to contribute which the folks who would have cared to translate would have benefited from. Hopefully that is not the case.

Well from my experience the ones who post in their native language actually know more English then they let on. This is why I posted the rule and We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite. Franlac I am sure would rather post in his native language but does a very good job at expressing his thoughts in English. So what is good for one should be good for all.

Reactions: Tufargon
Well from my experience the ones who post in their native language actually know more English then they let on. This is why I posted the rule and We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite. Franlac I am sure would rather post in his native language but does a very good job at expressing his thoughts in English. So what is good for one should be good for all.
If that's your point then, rather than slapping a rule in the guy's face, I would have just said "If you can post in English, it will be more helpful for both you and and the rest of the members on the forum. If you can't, no worries." Comes off a bit more friendly and non-threatening.

Perhaps you are right, just pointing to the rule seemed much easier and really did not think it needed explaining. Must be the moderator coming out in me as I moderate on other UAV forums plus one for the people who this one. (parrotpilots.com)

Reactions: alekaras
Perhaps you are right, just pointing to the rule seemed much easier and really did not think it needed explaining. Must be the moderator coming out in me as I moderate on other UAV forums plus one for the people who this one. (parrotpilots.com)
I really appreciate this response. I understand you're a good guy trying to do the right thing and I didn't mean to be critical of you. I just wanted to point a different perspective of how some things we post could be perceived.

He said "I have made this sunscreen with the 3D printer.
I have to adjust it a little bit (color) ... for the time being only for the iPhone X."

Is there an existing shield that works with Evo or do we have to wait for Autel to put one out?

I can't believe they don't care about the added income of accessories. They could have had a lot of add-on sales.
Red Camera 7" sunshade. Velcro straps and works great. Add some velcro where the straps are.IMG_2450.jpgIMG_2449.jpgIMG_2448.jpgDSCN5910.JPG

Dear English speaking Autel EVO friends,

I am 57 years old, live in German-speaking Switzerland and have never had English lessons.
I am a landscape gardener and commercial Yuneec dealer.
I intend to include Autel in my assortment.
So far there is no dealer representing Autel Robitics... I would like to change that, because the EVO is a good "bird".

I have now found a way to write in English... I write in German and "DeepL" translates for me... this way I can also read your contributions.
Where there is a will, there is also a way.
Thank you for letting me stay with you.

Dear English speaking Autel EVO friends,

I am 57 years old, live in German-speaking Switzerland and have never had English lessons.
I am a landscape gardener and commercial Yuneec dealer.
I intend to include Autel in my assortment.
So far there is no dealer representing Autel Robitics... I would like to change that, because the EVO is a good "bird".

I have now found a way to write in English... I write in German and "DeepL" translates for me... this way I can also read your contributions.
Where there is a will, there is also a way.
Thank you for letting me stay with you.

Willkommen an Bord. Ich benutze Google Translate, um mit meinen internationalen Freunden und meiner Familie zu sprechen. Ich kann weder Deutsch noch Fliegen, aber dank Google und Autel bin ich nicht mehr an diese Einschränkungen gebunden.

Translation:
Welcome aboard. I use Google Translate to talk with my international friends and family. I cannot speak German or fly, but thanks to Google and Autel, I am no longer bound to those limitations.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials