Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Sun hood for iPhone XS Max

O-Zone

Reaction score
I am using an iPhone Max with almost 700 nits , but still needs a sun shade / sun hood. I am having a hard time fitting one to the explorer app size because of the screen size. I would appreciate help. Below is the size

Inches 6 x 3. Phone
Inches 5 1/2 x 3 screen mininum

cm 13.97 x 7.62
mm 139.7 x 76.2.

Make Your own....
I made mine out of
Flexible Plastic Cutting Board Mats
Amazon.com: Flexible Plastic Cutting Board Mats set, Clear Kitchen Cutting Board Set of 2 Clear Mats: Kitchen & Dining

Follow These Instructions:

DIY SUNHOOD Cellular Phone

I made two at the same time for my Samsung Galaxy Tab A ( 8" Screen )
I got the Mats at the dollar store, two for a buck !
The Plastic mats are super light and strong when folded up.
I painted the inside of the plastic with a matte black spray that I had on the shelf.
Super cheap and they work !
I made these for my EVO Controller.

Reactions: butch
At the risk of raising howling cackles... I've attached photos of my 'sun shield.' Where I attach a tablet below the controller, this frees the phone clip for a shield. I planned to cut the size down, but where I fly from a chair, and the thing leans against my hat -- it's nicely dark and stable.

The shield offers room to attach checklists, flight plans, FAA registration, a small window to watch takeoffs and landings, and Velco to mount my narration sound recorder (also blocks stray noise and wind). Made from plastic core -- very lightweight.

Used this for over a year with no problems.

Attachments

• IMG_1325.JPG
    IMG_1325.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 20190813_131459.jpg
    20190813_131459.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 30
That idea is unique, but I was looking for something smaller to travel because I always have my phone. The hood that "Ansia" recommended was ordered from eBay and it fits..... Now I am working on a bright tablet and a larger hood, so I will experiment with your idea. Thanks

Reactions: Ansia
How did you mount the Iphone on the bottom of the controller? I'm looking for a solution for mounting a Moverio or as an option a phone on the bottom of the controller.

How did you mount the Iphone on the bottom of the controller? I'm looking for a solution for mounting a Moverio or as an option a phone on the bottom of the controller.

A tablet case and big rubber bands ... see the attached photos...

20190813_131206.jpg20190813_131234.jpgd20190813_131206.jpg20190813_131234.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials