Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Sun glare on camera

buddyleewv

Reaction score
I’ve had my xstar for little over a month now and love it. I’m curious what kind of filters do you guys use to combat sun glare on the camera. I do a lot of video looking straight down and at certain times of the day and the altitude make the video unwatchable. I don’t have anything in my house that is 4K so I put the strings to 1080p on the camera I don’t know if this would change anything or not

Camera settings will not help much with sun glare. A lens hood would help but because of the 108 degree lens the hood has to be very short or it gets in the way of video and pictures. You can use ND filters and they help a lot. A lot of use bought the Neewer ND filters and like them.

I have made several lens hoods out of card stock . I found black card stock. Roll it around a dowel to get a nice curve then wrap it around lens and tape. Experiment with length until you just can't see it in the picture or your live view. Or crop the hood out of your picture in whatever software you are using.

I got PolarPro ND filters with my EVO. Think three different levels of shade of Oakley sunglasses for your digital pal's eye.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d