Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Substituting 8K camera with the 6K

davshev

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to swap the 8K camera with a 6K? I was under the impression that the actual crafts are identical, but will the 6K work in place of the 8K?

Reactions: Inspirephil
I just unplugged a 6k camera and plugged in a Dual 640T camera a couple of months back. Scary the first time when changing cameras. Requires a steady hand and meticulous handling of small parts. But once soft/firmware upgrades were completed, the test flight was very satisfying. It should be no different for the 8k (no software upgrades needed if you're already up-to-date).

Reactions: Inspirephil
Does anyone know if it is possible to swap the 8K camera with a 6K? I was under the impression that the actual crafts are identical, but will the 6K work in place of the 8K?
Yes, I saw that you can swap them out fairly easily. Call Autels customer service number and they should be able to walk you through it.

Reactions: davshev
Yes you can. It's a couple of screws to remove but easy to do.

Reactions: davshev
Yes, have done it, the small screws are a PITA, when you swap the cameras, only thing that changes is the aircraft that was a E2P is now just an E2, what was an E2 is now an E2P, you will also notice some functions change, e.g. 8K is fixed aperture vs. adjustable on 6K.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58