Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Storing EVO for extended time

Normex

Reaction score
Greetings All, I am from Canada and have to store my Evo with 3 batteries for up to 4 to 5 months.
Is there something or a procedure for the batteries being not used for months.
Thanking you in advance,

Normex

Greetings All, I am from Canada and have to store my Evo with 3 batteries for up to 4 to 5 months.
Is there something or a procedure for the batteries being not used for months.
Thanking you in advance,

Normex
Take the batts down to 25-30% charge, store them in fire/explosion proof containers, and keep them in a temperate environment. They should maintain nearly the same charge level for your storage period. I've been flying electric fixed wing since brushless motors came on the scene (about 20 years), and always used this technique. Hasn't failed me yet...

Is there any documentation as to when the battery stops discharging and goes into hibernation? The Lipo batteries for my Parrot Anafi once it gets to 60 percent it goes into hibernation and the only way to get it to turn on is to put it on the charger. Its called winter storage in the manual. Just wondering if these new EVO batteries have some kind of the same technology. As always asking Autel support what they think the best practices would be will not cost you anything except your time.

The EVO batteries are smart batteries. What that means is that you can store them even fully charged ,and they will self discharge to storage level after a given number of days of inactivity as set in the Explorer app . If you go to the menu in the Explorer app and go to battery, you will see where you can set the number of days before storage mode starts. It is better to store them over 50% and let the battery discharge itself to the proper level. This is the same for DJI batteries.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg