Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Soon to be new Autel pilot

BobDoLe

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a 107c pilot that flies a mavic 2 pro. Used to be strictly for fun, but now it seems 80% of the time I take my drone out, it is for a real estate or mapping job. It is just a small 2nd source of income to cover groceries and cover preschool tuition.

If the specs for the NEW autel evo 2 are correct, I'm going to need it to stay competitive. I intend to preorder as soon as it pops its head up.

I have a burning question here though.... I've noticed that quite a few people post about how they're waiting to get their evo back or that they're sending it in for a gimbal horizon issue. What is the deal with that? I'm sensing a lot of downtime with this drone. Is that accurate?

All my drone experience is dji (mavic air/pro/platinum/pro 2) with modifications to battery and antenna. I've reached close to 50 actual minutes of flight time with a mavic pro platinum (no such luck with the heavier 4S battery mavic 2 for me). I'm hoping I don't mod the evo 2 except for a range extender on the controller.

Any advice is appreciated.

"I have a burning question here though.... I've noticed that quite a few people post about how they're waiting to get their evo back or that they're sending it in for a gimbal horizon issue. What is the deal with that? I'm sensing a lot of downtime with this drone. Is that accurate? "

For me, it was a 4 week wait for my repair. It was a simple (to me) repair. one of the covers on the folding arm on the controller came off, on my second flight.
I called CS and asked how to fix it, but they wanted me to send everything back to them. They issued a RMA right then and their and I sent it out later in the day. Even though it was a no cost to me repair, they used the least expensive shipping from UPS and the shipping took 10 days each way, NY to Washington State. That was the biggest issue for down time for me. I could have paid for everything from next day to three day shipping on my dime, but choose not to.
Since then, July 2019, its been great and no problems !

Reactions: BobDoLe
Hey guys, I'm a 107c pilot that flies a mavic 2 pro. Used to be strictly for fun, but now it seems 80% of the time I take my drone out, it is for a real estate or mapping job. It is just a small 2nd source of income to cover groceries and cover preschool tuition.

If the specs for the NEW autel evo 2 are correct, I'm going to need it to stay competitive. I intend to preorder as soon as it pops its head up.

I have a burning question here though.... I've noticed that quite a few people post about how they're waiting to get their evo back or that they're sending it in for a gimbal horizon issue. What is the deal with that? I'm sensing a lot of downtime with this drone. Is that accurate?

All my drone experience is dji (mavic air/pro/platinum/pro 2) with modifications to battery and antenna. I've reached close to 50 actual minutes of flight time with a mavic pro platinum (no such luck with the heavier 4S battery mavic 2 for me). I'm hoping I don't mod the evo 2 except for a range extender on the controller.

Any advice is appreciated.
Welcome to the forums.

I am impressed you have a preschooler, being 96. ?

On a serious note, the reason for horizon tilt on the Evo, is because it does not contain a true 3 axis gimbal. The roll axis is a piece of plastic inside the camera cylinder.

If Autel comes out with the camera proposed in the FCC submittal, then it will be a true 3 axis gimbal and will work just like the Mavic series.

You, being a Part 107 pilots, shouldn't need a range mod for the antennas. The Evo will travel well beyond VLOS before any hint of losing range happens.

Reactions: BobDoLe
If you have a problem and have to send it in, it will be three weeks. If it’s your business, you will need a backup drone. Maybe you can strike a relationship with another pilot who can back you up. But I’m sure Bob Dole knows that Bob Dole needs a backup. Bob Dole knows the deal. If you are in New England, I’m happy to help... for a small fee of course. ?

If you have a problem and have to send it in, it will be three weeks. If it’s your business, you will need a backup drone. Maybe you can strike a relationship with another pilot who can back you up. But I’m sure Bob Dole knows that Bob Dole needs a backup. Bob Dole knows the deal. If you are in New England, I’m happy to help... for a small fee of course. ?
Bob dole sold his backup mavic 2 pro drone expecting releases of evo 2 and mavic 3 in january that would lower the sale price of Bob dole's backup drone... and now bob dole wants an evo 2 right now so that his current mavic 2 pro will be the backup. Bob Dole has to turn down a lot of jobs and is in fact looking to make relationships with other good 107c pilots that will hand out his business pen

I assume you are aware of Senator Bob Dole’s way of speech where he would refer to himself in the third person.
All the best.

I assume you are aware of Senator Bob Dole’s way of speech where he would refer to himself in the third person.
All the best.
us-presidential-inauguration-washington-usa-shutterstock-editorial-7944778iu.jpg

Reactions: DanielC
Dont worry about Bob Dole. Bob Dole might have an issue working the controls with his right hand, but Bob Dole is an awesome pilot who can fly anything even at 96

You have a lot of energy... At 96 my grandma was in a wheelchair already.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy