Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Solution to V problem.

Wait. So that's just FPV and not VR? Or do you run the VR option when placing the phone inside the goggles?

Wait. So that's just FPV and not VR? Or do you run the VR option when placing the phone inside the goggles?
VR runs separate images for each eye on the phone. My way you get the standard phone/tablet view into goggle/FPV. This way its like if your watching a big screen. No strain on the eyes and you dont need to adjust focus. The VR option can make your video jittery from the gimbal moving from your head moments.(cant turn off the option remember the cross video with the shaky vid) This way I can move my head and control the gimbal from my controller and its nice and dark so that I can see everything.

Reactions: safari
VR runs separate images for each eye on the phone. My way you get the standard phone/tablet view into goggle/FPV. This way its like if your watching a big screen. No strain on the eyes and you dont need to adjust focus. The VR option can make your video jittery from the gimbal moving from your head moments.(cant turn off the option remember the cross video with the shaky vid) This way I can move my head and control the gimbal from my controller and its nice and dark so that I can see everything.
Sounds interesting. Just remember to bring a VO with you, when you decide to fly like that.

Reactions: Madhungarian

So they are the XT model? Where can I get one of those bad boys? All I see is the upgraded FXT version, which I don't believe is the same configuration.

So they are the XT model? Where can I get one of those bad boys? All I see is the upgraded FXT version, which I don't believe is the same configuration.
You want the upgraded version, 2.0

You want the upgraded version, 2.0

Oh, ok....Cool. Thank you for the information. I have been hankering to fly this thing FPV, but as we all know, Autel left out the true FPV experience. Why they decided to go VR instead is a mystery, but kind of dumb in my opinion. I am still not quite clear on exactly how this set up makes the Evo image FPV though. So if I am getting this right, just put my phone in the FXT goggles and run the explorer app as usual, except the view I normally get from my phone will be displayed through the prism in the goggles making it FPV? If that is indeed the case, my next question is how do you still connect the phone to the RC while it's in the goggles? I would appreciate it if you could break it down for us. :oops:

Oh, ok....Cool. Thank you for the information. I have been hankering to fly this thing FPV, but as we all know, Autel left out the true FPV experience. Why they decided to go VR instead is a mystery, but kind of dumb in my opinion. I am still not quite clear on exactly how this set up makes the Evo image FPV though. So if I am getting this right, just put my phone in the FXT goggles and run the explorer app as usual, except the view I normally get from my phone will be displayed through the prism in the goggles making it FPV? If that is indeed the case, my next question is how do you still connect the phone to the RC while it's in the goggles? I would appreciate it if you could break it down for us. :oops:
If you look at the picture that is my phone so the other end of the cable is connected to the controller. So you wear the box googles with your phone attached and have the cable coming down to the controller. If you going to buy the goggles you will be getting a diversity receiver screen that normally fits into the area where you place your phone.. Make sense? You use that screen for drones that have a 2,4-5ghz video channel.(The original pictures is what I am referring to)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldoggboyz
How is it when you need to adjust settings in the app?
I have not got to the point where I need to take the phone out and adjust camera settings, you can adjust all of the settings from the controller scroll button. The goggles however do come with the option to remove some of the shade cover around the eyes. Great also for people wearing glasses and this way you can look down at the controller and do some adjusting. The picture below is with the shade cover around the eyes removed. 3613

Last edited:
If you look at the picture that is my phone so the other end of the cable is connected to the controller. So you wear the box googles with your phone attached and have the cable coming down to the controller. If you going to buy the goggles you will be getting a diversity receiver screen that normally fits into the area where you place your phone.. Make sense? You use that screen for drones that have a 2,4-5ghz video channel.(The original pictures is what I am referring to)

Yes...I see the plug now. I guess I was too enamored with the goggles themselves, so I missed the plug in the picture...LOL! My fault. Thanks again for explaining it though. I definitely appreciate that!

Reactions: Madhungarian
My phone is a little larger than most. It's an iPhone 6sPlus. Will this headset accommodate phones of all sizes? My phone just barely fits into the clamp on the EVO controller and I have to remove it from the otter box case to squeeze it into the clamp.

How is it when you need to adjust settings in the app?
[/
My phone is a little larger than most. It's an iPhone 6sPlus. Will this headset accommodate phones of all sizes? My phone just barely fits into the clamp on the EVO controller and I have to remove it from the otter box case to squeeze it into the clamp.
I do not own any Iphones however I know it works with Samsung Galaxy S5. IF you look at the original pictures you can get a general idea. The goggles are not designed to use your phone, they come with a diversity video receiver screen, however that will only work if you have a device connected to your controller with hdmi out.

I can tell you guys, the best option, hands down are the Epson Moverio glasses. Yes they are expensive, NO you do not need a spotter when using them, UNLESS you black them out completely and use them just as goggles. I use these with all my drones, DJI, Anafi and Evo. You are not wearing a box on your face and can still see everything around you. Rochester Optical makes a goggle that you put the Moverios in, and you change the front sunglass lenses, from none to complete black. Fantastic.
Wearable Solutions - Shop Our Smart Lens Inserts & Virtual Reality Devices | Rochester Optical The other Moverio thread is here: Moverio

I can tell you guys, the best option, hands down are the Epson Moverio glasses.

I'm sure they are lovely in a VR type of way, but that's not the same as FPV, correct? Am I wrong in thinking that way? I had planned on trying the goggles the OP posted, but I definitely wouldn't fly without some back up. After all I do live in Philly. LOL! I am NOT going box goggle flying by myself! I might wind up drone-less and in the water I was trying to video. ?

Moverio glasses show you exactly what the app looks like. It's like looking at your tablet\phone screen, but you can see through it. Like a floating FPV screen.
You are not so cut off from the world as box screens or fat shark goggles.3692

I looked at these I think like 2 years ago for the XSP but no way I could afford that. They look super.I doubt many on the forum would be able to justify such a purchase either. Especially to their significant other lol.

I'm sure they are lovely in a VR type of way, but that's not the same as FPV, correct? Am I wrong in thinking that way? I had planned on trying the goggles the OP posted, but I definitely wouldn't fly without some back up. After all I do live in Philly. LOL! I am NOT going box goggle flying by myself! I might wind up drone-less and in the water I was trying to video. ?
If you use the box goggles you can remove the shade covers around the eyes and then you do not need anyone with you.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials