Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Solution to V problem.

so you dont use the screen that comes with the goggles at all right?...you use your phone. to bad, most of the cost is probably the screen...

Reactions: Madhungarian
I have an EVO and a Galaxy S10 Plus phone. The specs on the TFT panel that comes with the FXT VIPER V2 show as Screen Dimensions: 129x89x11mm. I would rather use the S10 Plus phone due to the active 4G and battery life but do have the S7 on WiFi only. So the question is how does either of these phones fit in the opening that is usually occupied by the supplied TFT panel? With some overhang from the S10 Plus would it even latch into place and be usable?
Thanks
Paul

Galaxy S10 Plus dimensions 74.1 x 157.6 x 7.8mm,
Galaxy S7 dimensions 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9mm

S5 is142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm (5.59 x 2.85 x 0.32 in) . S7 is very close at 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9mm . So it looks like the S7 would work
I was lucky to have a phone with the right size, my phone is old however it still works great for my personal needs and to fly the drone. This is pretty much the only way I fly and you can also remove the shade covers around your eyes. This setup does not put strain on your eyes and if you need reading glasses then this setup is the best.

I received the FXT VIPER V2 on Thursday and put my Galaxy S10+ on it. I also took off the bottom shades. Even though the phone was big it still fix fine and worked great. Only lost a little area on the long side of the phone due to overhang. Was flying the EVO within a few minutes and was easier to get used to than the DJI Googles with my Mavic Pro.

So I am looking to new sell my Mavic Pro (just extended DJI care for another year) and the DJI Googles. Mavic Pro is perfect has extra battery, nice case, filters. DJI Googles has nice case too. I'll post this on DJI site too. Keeping my Autel X-Star Premium and will be all Autel.

Reactions: Madhungarian
The diversity screen will come into good use if you get one of these. I just got mine and it so much fun.

Last edited:
What drone is in the photo
That is the Tinyhawk and they just came out with the 2s version. You can fly these all over your house and even outside while flying FPV.
Nice drone to get started in FPV flying without GPS.

You want the upgraded version, 2.0
Why do you need the upgraded version - older version looks the same - is there additional functionality for the EVO with v2 of the goggles? I see some minor differences if using for other fpv drones (few addl bands and 10 min vs 3 for dvr). I'm definitely looking to get these as I wear glasses, but just not clear on why I would spend more for the latest V2 of the FXT Vipers.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy