Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Sneak Peak At Evo Lights

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
SNEAK PREVIEW!! Last night during our InterDrone night flight training program, we had opportunity to put the new Autel D3060 lighting system to the test. 8 students flew for three hours with the Evo and D3060 light kit.

We were knocked out.
Two independent strobes, two independent lights (front is 30 degrees, side is 60 degrees) 200 lumens, five mile+ visibility.
We ran one Evo using the Autel saddle system, that holds two D3060's. We ran another Evo system using only one strobe, velcro to the Evo.
We ran one side in strobing mode and the other instrument in a solid illuminator mode.
The d3060 is charged via USBC connector, is completely waterproof, and simple to install/remove and runs solid light for over an hour, approximately 2.5 hours in strobe mode (we aren't sure of exact battery life; we decided to go to sleep after 2.5 hours of observing the strobe.
There was no noticeable impact on battery life.
We threw them at each other in a "light fight" to see how durable they are (notice the dirt?) We put them under water to clean them off. Then we threw them around some more.
While these will not be available for around 30 days, we were thrilled to have access to the beta versions, and put them in the field with real users under real conditions, and test them out. These are powered by FoxFury, the same team that brought us the Rugo, Rugo2, and lighting equipment used by law enforcement forensic teams, emergency services, and filmmakers all over the globe.
We are told they should be available from Autel and their dealer network sometime in the next 30 to 45 days.

h7sL5V2.jpg

4ZsOQdb.jpg

313xIzQ.jpg

SsJMOcq.jpg

d2QQ84O.jpg

I would die if I let my Evo get that dirty. Definetly getting those lights. The strobes I have are meh at best.

Out of curiosity. You are aware these are strobe light and not spot lights?

Two independent strobes, two independent lights (front is 30 degrees, side is 60 degrees) 200 lumens, five mile+ visibility.

It is kind of unclear but I wonder if the two independent lights are just lights and not strobes or maybe both with a switch to activate what you might need for your flight? noidea.gif

Thanks a bunch Agustine for the insider's review of new accessory products. Its nice to see 3rd party support of this drone.

Ha, the dust collection was what first caught my eye too. As anyone knows who has opened up their PC case and inspected the power supply cooling fans area and how much dust and lint has accumulated, I wonder how much of that particulate matter is collecting in the fan system and motherboard inside the bird. Not to mention the grit in the gimbal pivot surfaces.

As for the 5 mile claim that's a pretty bold spec. I have a couple of 3 watt Strobon white strobes claiming to qualify for the 3 mile visibility requirements of FAA's twilight and night flight conditions. At just 400 yards my lights are still visible but their tiny size has been reduced to a pinpoint and the flash is not brighter at that range than Venus in the early evening sky. At arm's length they will blind you like a welding arc flash. At a half mile I'm sure you could not distinguish the light in a dark sky against a starry background. Manned aircraft strobes are very high wattage as well as much larger in size to meet FAA lighting requirements. I really don't see how a drone sized light will qualify if truly put to the mileage test. But I will remain hopeful that someday....

As a side note, the palm trees and swimming pool don't appear to be Northern Ontario. And all the surfaces of the drone except for part of one side do not show any external FAA registration number on the aircraft. Just curious where this was flown.

I recently purchased the prop guards for my EVO to basically use in Boat Mode on boats as a safe guard to the people standing around. I was surprised to find out the prop guards weighed 2.71 ounces. Agustine do you have any weight for what a full compliment of all the lights and power supply would be? When you mentioned There was no noticeable impact on battery life. I assume you were referring to the drone battery?

Sorry this is just repost from the Autel Facebook page. I was not involved in any way other then bringing the forum some news on what is coming in the weeks ahead.

Reactions: Trox
It was posted by this company.

*This is _not_ an official announcement. It is Sundance Media Group's experience in a night flight course with a Beta product, for which they have permission to speak about.

Product available in 45 days or so.

Sorry this is just repost from the Autel Facebook page. I was not involved in any way other then bringing the forum some news on what is coming in the weeks ahead.

?

LOL, since the text appeared to be in first person I just assumed it was from your own creation and experience. As I noted, the palm trees in Ontario?? and a strange aircraft number were 'clues' that did not seem to fit. I'm not use to interpreting the sources of shared or pasted info. Sorry for my confusion.

Groovy man groovy. Bet they ain't cheap.
butch

Out of curiosity. You are aware these are strobe light and not spot lights?
They even say one is solid, one is in strobe mode.
"We ran another Evo system using only one strobe, velcro to the Evo.
We ran one side in strobing mode and the other instrument in a solid illuminator mode. "
So it is a switch to choose.

Thanks a bunch Agustine for the insider's review of new accessory products. Its nice to see 3rd party support of this drone.

Ha, the dust collection was what first caught my eye too. As anyone knows who has opened up their PC case and inspected the power supply cooling fans area and how much dust and lint has accumulated, I wonder how much of that particulate matter is collecting in the fan system and motherboard inside the bird. Not to mention the grit in the gimbal pivot surfaces.

As for the 5 mile claim that's a pretty bold spec. I have a couple of 3 watt Strobon white strobes claiming to qualify for the 3 mile visibility requirements of FAA's twilight and night flight conditions. At just 400 yards my lights are still visible but their tiny size has been reduced to a pinpoint and the flash is not brighter at that range than Venus in the early evening sky. At arm's length they will blind you like a welding arc flash. At a half mile I'm sure you could not distinguish the light in a dark sky against a starry background. Manned aircraft strobes are very high wattage as well as much larger in size to meet FAA lighting requirements. I really don't see how a drone sized light will qualify if truly put to the mileage test. But I will remain hopeful that someday....

As a side note, the palm trees and swimming pool don't appear to be Northern Ontario. And all the surfaces of the drone except for part of one side do not show any external FAA registration number on the aircraft. Just curious where this was flown.

I recently purchased the prop guards for my EVO to basically use in Boat Mode on boats as a safe guard to the people standing around. I was surprised to find out the prop guards weighed 2.71 ounces. Agustine do you have any weight for what a full compliment of all the lights and power supply would be? When you mentioned There was no noticeable impact on battery life. I assume you were referring to the drone battery?
Although I agree that Strobon Cree lights appear very small at distance (especially when compared to regular aircraft strobes), you can still distinguish the flashing strobe from over 3 miles or even 4 miles out (I tested on my own EVO). I have the white strobe mounted in the rear bottom left and a green and red strobe mounted on each front arm. Would never fly at night without them.

For those of us who were curious if these were strobe lights or a flashlight. The question got answered.
Screenshot_20190909-211640_Chrome.jpg
69765053_10217965110172681_430498388987871232_o.jpg

The light output seems pitiful when you compare them to the Lumecubes and mounts available for the Mavics - which claim 1500 lumens per light. 400 Total lumens (for two lights) isn't very much these days. I have a keychain light that does 500 easily.

Not sure I'm excited.
LP

The light output seems pitiful when you compare them to the Lumecubes and mounts available for the Mavics - which claim 1500 lumens per light. 400 Total lumens (for two lights) isn't very much these days. I have a keychain light that does 500 easily.

Not sure I'm excited.
LP

Not sure if I am excited either but if Autel is marketing these lights then mounting them on your EVO will not void your warranty ware as mounting any 3rd party accessories like the Lumecubes will. Your choice and your dollar.

Not sure if I am excited either but if Autel is marketing these lights then mounting them on your EVO will not void your warranty ware as mounting any 3rd party accessories like the Lumecubes will. Your choice and your dollar.

Fair point Agustine. Most of my other drones are past their warranty period so I don't really care - but I'd likely wait before risking anything with the Evo.

LP

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves