Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller V2 won't turn on

parishm

Reaction score
just picked up a mint used Enterprise unit (2hr flight time) and am having problems with the
smart controller. it locked up a few times when i first started playing with it requiring a hard reboot
(extended hold of power button) but managed to update the evo firmware and calibrate the
compass and imu. now when i try to power it on the green power level lights come on, it beeps,
then turns off.

any helpful ideas ?

just picked up a mint used Enterprise unit (2hr flight time) and am having problems with the
smart controller. it locked up a few times when i first started playing with it requiring a hard reboot
(extended hold of power button) but managed to update the evo firmware and calibrate the
compass and imu. now when i try to power it on the green power level lights come on, it beeps,
then turns off.

any helpful ideas ?

Sounds like it needs charged.

was fully charged an hour before this started, three out of four power level lights light up so
it's at least 75% charged

no, i sent an email to Autel Support and waited 6 days for a reply. they asked for
proof of purchase and directed me to a webpage to provide info about the issue.

currently waiting to hear back from them

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 11.12.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 11.12.56 AM.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 13
Sorry to hear - this is not what anyone would expect from a piece of gear termed "professional". Regretfully, DJI's horrific "service after sales" has set standards for newer companies to follow. You should have a replacement transmitter in your hands by now.

Keep us posted!

Mike

Last edited:
Sorry to hear - this is not what anyone would expect from a piece of gear termed "professional". Regretfully, DJI's horrific "service after sales" has set standards for newer companies to follow. You should have a replacement transmitter in your hands by now.

Keep us posted!

Mike
thanks for asking, it's certainly frustrating considering i've had it for two weeks and still haven't been able to fly it.

then turns off.

any helpful ideas ?
I seem to recall a member here posting that they figured out the button sequence for a hard restart. Sorry not to be more helpful, but it'd be worth searching for that thread.

I'm also curious if you tried reaching out to the previous owner to see if this is a known issue with the unit and, if so, what they did to resolve it.

@Blade Strike

Last edited:
I seem to recall a member here posting that they figured out the button sequence for a hard restart. Sorry not to be more helpful, but it'd be worth searching for that thread.

I'm also curious if you tried reaching out to the previous owner to see if this is a known issue with the unit and, if so, what they did to resolve it.
i did contact the original owner and he said he never had any issues, unit has less than two hours flight time so it's pretty new

Autel support replied and said they found a defect with the controller and it will be replaced
under warranty. that's great except it took almost a month just to get this far. we'll see how
ling the replacement takes.

Reactions: edgardcafe
i guess i expected too much from Autel, turns out they sent me a used controller as a warranty replacement. i've had many things replaced under warranty in my 55+ years and have never received a used item ! two yrs ago DJI replaced my Mavic 2 Pro controller with a brand new one. i expected better treatment considering it's a $4250 drone ! don't think i'll buy Autel again !

• Wow
Reactions: edgardcafe

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy