Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SMART CONTROLLER v1

TEKILA_BR

Reaction score
the autelrobotics company embarrasses consumers by selling out the SMART CONTROLLER v1. I'm really upset about all this! what do friends think??

Reactions: Len
look around america and the world, a lot of stuff is "sold out." it's called supply and demand and unfortunately manufacturers still don't believe in making too much stuff; they would rather make too little. it is really painful to sit on a bunch of inventory that you simply can't move and all too often, the forecast is too small and the demand is totally underestimated. as with anything, if you really want something, you need to vote with your dollars (means you might have to pay a little bit more) and you need to act quickly. I hate the situation just like the next person....there aren't enough hotel rooms, there aren't enough rental cars, there aren't enough airplane seats. most of this is situational and the times we live in and not always the fault of the manufacturer or retailer but still, I think planning could use some improvement. the autel sc is a nice piece of equipment, pretty sure there is only so many sc units the factory can crank out. I think it is in between versions. the first version known as v1 was a limited run (number 1 thru 500) and those are all likely gone. in the meantime, everyone waits for the second version known as v2....you should see those starting in September 2021. hope this helps.

why are u upset you didnt get one. I will sell you mine for $2,000

why are u upset you didnt get one. I will sell you mine for $2,000
if you are serious, you should post in classified, there are a lot of people wanting one. ;)

however, don't forget we still need to see what kind of deal autel has promised for v1 sc owners.

Reactions: TEKILA_BR
You’re upset? I paid $1119 for a preorder on the 26th of April, have not received a Smart Controller and am getting no response from the vendor (in China) when I try to contact them. I did purchase my Evo 2 from them when it was released, no problem. Their name and the web site looks like the official site of Autel, but it’s not. I started a thread about this. The vendor was AutelPilot.

Estou torcendo para que a versão v2 seja compatível com minha aeronave atual. Talvez isso aconteça no futuro, é uma máquina que vai me servir por muitos anos. Muito respeito aos amigos !!!

via Google Translate:

I'm rooting for the v2 version to be compatible with my current aircraft. Maybe that will happen in the future, it's a machine that will serve me for many years to come. Much respect to friends!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re upset? I paid $1119 for a preorder on the 26th of April, have not received a Smart Controller and am getting no response from the vendor (in China) when I try to contact them. I did purchase my Evo 2 from them when it was released, no problem. Their name and the web site looks like the official site of Autel, but it’s not. I started a thread about this. The vendor was AutelPilot.

If you think that the Autel Pilot storefront (which has no affiliation with Autelpilots forum), is the official website for Autel Robotics, USA; you made little effort to perform any due diligence. They do have a slickly designed website, but there is no indication that it is an official website of Autel... to the contrary, their product listing pages specify that they are an "Authorized Distributor". The only available payment method being PayPal, is definitely a red flag.

product_listing.jpg

Autel Robotics official website is at

Autel Drones (dot) com

which has all sorts of clues that this is the actual Autel website... from the official Autel logo being on the site, to showing the ability to take virtually any credit card... not just PayPal. You were never dealing with Autel Robotics to begin with.

Reactions: EVO Mark II
olhe ao redor da América e do mundo, muitas coisas estão "esgotadas". é chamado de oferta e demanda e, infelizmente, os fabricantes ainda não acreditam em fazer muitas coisas; eles preferem fazer muito pouco. é realmente doloroso sentar em um monte de estoque que você simplesmente não pode mover e, com muita frequência, a previsão é muito pequena e a demanda é totalmente subestimada. como com qualquer coisa, se você realmente quer algo, você precisa votar com seu dinheiro (significa que você pode ter que pagar um pouco mais) e você precisa agir rapidamente. Eu odeio a situação como qualquer outra pessoa ... não há quartos de hotel suficientes, não há carros alugados suficientes, não há assentos de avião suficientes. a maior parte disso é situacional e os tempos em que vivemos e nem sempre são culpa do fabricante ou varejista, mas ainda assim, Acho que o planejamento precisa de algumas melhorias. o autel sc é um bom equipamento, com certeza há apenas um determinado número de unidades sc que a fábrica pode produzir. Acho que está entre as versões. a primeira versão conhecida como v1 era uma execução limitada (número 1 a 500) e todas provavelmente já foram. Nesse ínterim, todos esperam pela segunda versão conhecida como v2 .... você deve ver aqueles a partir de setembro de 2021. Espero que isso ajude.
obrigado por me confortar. mas esperamos ter o que queremos de acordo com o tempo e dinheiro disponíveis. Desejo que os autelrobóticos acreditem mais na américa do sul, principalmente no Brasil.

look around america and the world, a lot of stuff is "sold out." it's called supply and demand and unfortunately manufacturers still don't believe in making too much stuff; they would rather make too little. it is really painful to sit on a bunch of inventory that you simply can't move and all too often, the forecast is too small and the demand is totally underestimated. as with anything, if you really want something, you need to vote with your dollars (means you might have to pay a little bit more) and you need to act quickly. I hate the situation just like the next person....there aren't enough hotel rooms, there aren't enough rental cars, there aren't enough airplane seats. most of this is situational and the times we live in and not always the fault of the manufacturer or retailer but still, I think planning could use some improvement. the autel sc is a nice piece of equipment, pretty sure there is only so many sc units the factory can crank out. I think it is in between versions. the first version known as v1 was a limited run (number 1 thru 500) and those are all likely gone. in the meantime, everyone waits for the second version known as v2....you should see those starting in September 2021. hope this helps.
How do you tell the difference between the v1 and v2 ??

I believe that the assumption is nt that the v2 controller isnt compatible with v1 drone is way off base. The v2 controller is set up to comply with new FAA regulations; where as the v1 was not. Obviously there are other components added to the v2 to make this so. I believe that making the v1 as it stood would be a direct violation. Remember the Faa wants to be able to track your drone. So far this is what a few of us have understood from all the talk with different manufactures and cohorts. Thanks

obrigado por me confortar. mas esperamos ter o que queremos de acordo com o tempo e dinheiro disponíveis. Desejo que os autelrobóticos acreditem mais na américa do sul, principalmente no Brasil.
for a smaller company like autel, it's going to take a little bit more time before they are able to provide excellent sales and service worldwide. even thought it is 2021, doing business outside the country still has it's challenges. I'm sure South America and especially Brazil have huge market potential and maybe one day autel will jump on it.

Reactions: TEKILA_BR
if you are serious, you should post in classified, there are a lot of people wanting one. ;)

however, don't forget we still need to see what kind of deal autel has promised for v1 sc owners.
Hell if ive been thinking about selling my whole setup Drone and smart controller for $3,500

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
How do you tell the difference between the v1 and v2 ??

Short version:

V1 vs. V2

Long version:

Reactions: G_G
Just curious, why do people believe the V1 Smart Controller is worth twice retail? Sure they only made a few, but the V2 is on the way, and it's dual channel instead of single channel, it's Blue Certified, and it has the potential to be viable for more than a month like V1...

All kidding aside, seriously. Why is the V1 worth twice it's retail? There's absolutely nothing special about it, and it's already obsolesced. I own a refurbished V1 Evo II Pro, and I just can't see spending more than retail on something that will only ever work with this version. I guess we'll see how this all shakes out. But my guess is that in the next 6-months or so, definitely in the time frame of the next version launch... they'll be more than a few of these going up for sale, for a lot less than retail.

I understand supply and demand, but is there really that big of demand for the V1 smart controllers?

There's one on ebay here: Autel Smart Controller - EVO 2 6K / 8K - V1 / Only 500 alloted to USA | eBay

And There's the one from the post above, the owner of which I've chatted with in another forum here on AutelPilots, with the same result as the ebay seller... Both are 100% sure they're sitting on a nice golden nugget.

I just don't understand the thinking.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
In that amount I migrate everything to version 2. They will die with this saved gold.

Last edited:
Just curious, why do people believe the V1 Smart Controller is worth twice retail? Sure they only made a few, but the V2 is on the way, and it's dual channel instead of single channel, it's Blue Certified, and it has the potential to be viable for more than a month like V1...

All kidding aside, seriously. Why is the V1 worth twice it's retail? There's absolutely nothing special about it, and it's already obsolesced. I own a refurbished V1 Evo II Pro, and I just can't see spending more than retail on something that will only ever work with this version. I guess we'll see how this all shakes out. But my guess is that in the next 6-months or so, definitely in the time frame of the next version launch... they'll be more than a few of these going up for sale, for a lot less than retail.

I understand supply and demand, but is there really that big of demand for the V1 smart controllers?

There's one on ebay here: Autel Smart Controller - EVO 2 6K / 8K - V1 / Only 500 alloted to USA | eBay

And There's the one from the post above, the owner of which I've chatted with in another forum here on AutelPilots, with the same result as the ebay seller... Both are 100% sure they're sitting on a nice golden nugget.

I just don't understand the thinking.
Sane thing why a person buys a RTX 3090 and resells it for $2,500 to $3,000 supply and demand. also have you noticed people are not selling their SCV1 because they are rare and those that own it dont plan on buy a V2

Sane thing why a person buys a RTX 3090 and resells it for $2,500 to $3,000 supply and demand. also have you noticed people are not selling their SCV1 because they are rare and those that own it dont plan on buy a V2
Exactly, I don’t plan on upgrading to a V2 and getting the SC V1 was to my benefit cost wise.

Another thing, if I was ever to sell off my SC V1 (and I won’t) it wouldn’t be marked up at these crazy prices. At the most, my cost and anything beyond my cost I’d have trouble sleeping. Look at Skydio, bet many of those that paid these marked up prices on eBay regret it now.

Those that are looking to get a SmartController, might as well go with the new SC V2 and Evo 2 V2 package. May cost you a few hundred bucks more than theses crazy prices for a used SC V1, at least you’re getting a new model with warranty and help out our distributors.

Reactions: G_G

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles