Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller Update Procedures & 3rd Party App Install

It's important to note that Smart Controller owners should refrain from installing Google Play Store or Google Services Frameworks as it has resulted in units being unable to boot normally.

To successfully install third-party apps, users either should download the APK file directly from the Smart Controller’s web browser.

For example for AirData, the latest Android APK can be downloaded here: App Download - Airdata UAV

Reactions: G_G and edgardcafe
Advexure, are we safe to install Google maps, Airdata, etc...but simply avoid Google Play Store or Google Services?

I'd like to understand what can and can't be installed without fear of having a problem.

I think i read somewhere that there is a list of acceptable apps that my be used.

It's important to note that Smart Controller owners should refrain from installing Google Play Store or Google Services Frameworks as it has resulted in units being unable to boot normally.

To successfully install third-party apps, users either should download the APK file directly from the Smart Controller’s web browser.

For example for AirData, the latest Android APK can be downloaded here: App Download - Airdata UAV
How about microG?

Hello guys,
After checking on Autel Website for the latest version updates, I got a little confused.
in my SC the latest update shows APP Version 1.0.41 but the Autel Website shows 1.1.7.83 and also for the remote controller shows V2.0.4.12 ( i guess this Version is for the standard controller and my SC version is V3.1.0.10). Is my SC update correctly ? Sorry for the dumb question.

Attachments

• IMG_2903.jpg
    IMG_2903.jpg
    650.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2907.jpg
    IMG_2907.jpg
    835.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2905.jpg
    IMG_2905.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2906.JPG
    IMG_2906.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 22
Just got my smart controller and connected it to my wifi but can't get it to do anything. No internet access at all even with full signal. The date and time are stuck in November 2007. Can't check app version or anything else. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Just got my smart controller and connected it to my wifi but can't get it to do anything. No internet access at all even with full signal. The date and time are stuck in November 2007. Can't check app version or anything else. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!
That was when Android was introduced. for whatever that's worth. November 5, 2007.

Does it successfully join the WiFi network?

Have you tried connecting it to a phone via Bluetooth?
I got it to connect to my router on three different channels but all say "no internet" I tried my phone as a hotspot and it connected. I have no idea why! Every other device in the house connects to my home network with internet every single time. Very strange. Even more strange, it uploaded to latest app from google play but when I went to check the software updates, it said there was an update and it went back to the old version of the app. The system software says it updated and it wants to update the drone but it doesn't work over the air so I will need to download the firmware to an sd card.

I got it to connect to my router on three different channels but all say "no internet" I tried my phone as a hotspot and it connected. I have no idea why! Every other device in the house connects to my home network with internet every single time. Very strange. Even more strange, it uploaded to latest app from google play but when I went to check the software updates, it said there was an update and it went back to the old version of the app. The system software says it updated and it wants to update the drone but it doesn't work over the air so I will need to download the firmware to an sd card.
That sounds like a DHCP problem. It probably isn't if other devices connect, though. Maybe an incompatible encryption protocol? Very strange.

That sounds like a DHCP problem. It probably isn't if other devices connect, though. Maybe an incompatible encryption protocol? Very strange.
Yeah.... I have 3 other Samsung devices, a printer, my wife's I-phone, dish network, thermostat, and a couple of laptops that all connect instantly. This controller is the only one that says "connected-no internet".

Ya me too. Any resolution yet?

I had to use my phone as a wireless hot spot and the controller connected to that. My phone was connected to the same wireless network the smart controller wouldn't connect to. 🤷‍♂️
I had a problem using the phone as a hotspot for the controller today. I haven't had time to troubleshoot it yet, however, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that it was also connected to the drone?

I had a problem using the phone as a hotspot for the controller today. I haven't had time to troubleshoot it yet, however, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that it was also connected to the drone?
It's possible. I was sitting 1 foot from my router with my SC, phone was 6 inches away from router so signal strength was as high as it gets. I can't remember if the SC was connected to the drone(drone on) at the time.

I had the same problem, used phones hotspot to get the update. It still doesn't work on my house wifi .

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja