Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller touchscreen - quality of capacitive touch vs DJI's SC/CrystalSky?

SARty

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Can anyone comment on the SC's touchscreen quality, especially compared to DJI's SC/CrystalSky? The latter are notorious for frequently requiring multiple taps before a command is recognized.

I just watched a video (which I linked in another thread re the SC's ability to read/write to a USB drive) and noticed that at least one command required 2 taps to be recognized.

Thanks!

Reactions: PingSpike
I have used both and the Autel SC is definitely better when it comes to the touchscreen. the CrystalSky can be downright frustrating at times but no real complaints about the SC so far.

• Love
Reactions: PingSpike and SARty
I think the autel sc is a bit easier to tap than the smaller c.s. simply because the screen is bigger and those items around the edge are easier to reach due to my big fingers and the raised edge of the c.s. however, I have experienced a couple of time where I needed to tap a few times on the sc to get it right but not too bad.

Reactions: SARty and PingSpike
Are you able to use the mapping missions with the SC from autel? I just got mine and it has no Map in the maps

couple of things:

1.volume is really low even at the highest levels. I like to listen to the instructions during the process of the mission but I can't really hear it. am I missing something?

2.an observation: the slider (for example 0 feet on the left all the way to 2000 feet on the right) is nearly impossible to manipulate to set it to 75 feet. not only the movements are too tiny but also the screen is touch sensitive trying to find the exact spot on the slider's line.

couple of things:

1.volume is really low even at the highest levels. I like to listen to the instructions during the process of the mission but I can't really hear it. am I missing something?

2.an observation: the slider (for example 0 feet on the left all the way to 2000 feet on the right) is nearly impossible to manipulate to set it to 75 feet. not only the movements are too tiny but also the screen is touch sensitive trying to find the exact spot on the slider's line.
double tap on some of the icons

couple of things:

Have you found the Autel SC range over congested urban areas to be anywhere close to the advertised 8 miles? I'd be happy if it was even the same 5 miles as OcuSync 2.0! Stock EVO 2 range is a paltry 1.5-2 miles, instead of the advertised 5 miles.

Have you found the Autel SC range over congested urban areas to be anywhere close to the advertised 8 miles? I'd be happy if it was even the same 5 miles as OcuSync 2.0! Stock EVO 2 range is a paltry 1.5-2 miles, instead of the advertised 5 miles.
I've never been out farther than a mile or two. I have a big trip coming up in august and I need to make sure I can take my drone so I'm not yet ready to risk anything; maybe during the trip or after. however, with the regular control, I got plenty of low signals but with the sc, I've had zero. it certainly feels more solid. feels more like my ocusync2. 8 miles? o_O

I've never been out farther than a mile or two. I have a big trip coming up in august and I need to make sure I can take my drone so I'm not yet ready to risk anything; maybe during the trip or after. however, with the regular control, I got plenty of low signals but with the sc, I've had zero. it certainly feels more solid. feels more like my ocusync2. 8 miles? o_O
Any improvement over the clunky original stock EVO 1 and 2 RC's is a benefit. Autel advertises 8 miles on the Autel SC! Ridiculous, eh? Mine arrives later this week! OcuSync 2 range and video stability at low elevations will be welcome, and worth it, as a GEO free alternative. Supposedly, the increased range is due to 5.8GHz use, which means support for that band is already built into the EVO 2 aircraft, but was never supported until now, at a very premium price!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles