Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart controller set up.

Tom skerke

Reaction score
Ok so I got my smart controller yesterday. The software and app were already done .The UAV Firmware.took 3 times to install.It finally did.The paring of the the smart controller like the YouTube video did not go as advertised I did the .imu calibrated 1 2 compass 3 Gimble Going to go up tomorrow weather permitting 3AED668D-DCB1-471E-B967-A9D8D418AAC9.jpeg

Has anyone confirmed the SC as a simple controller, NO apps running? does it have the "option" to switch from the default screen to camera screen like the standard controller?

Yes all are shut off when running autel app as it seems just use the stock controller as is.Do not load the tablet up with other ******** is key .

Reactions: Wilkz
the standard controller will fly the drone without apps, phones, tablets etc. you can switch screen views
does the SC do the same?, no Autel app, simply the "big, bright, shiny screen" saying things like, READY to fly, GPS mode....

Reactions: edgardcafe
the standard controller will fly the drone without apps, phones, tablets etc. you can switch screen views
does the SC do the same?, no Autel app, simply the "big, bright, shiny screen" saying things like, READY to fly, GPS mode....
Yup big bright screen for us old guys

I got mine yesterday as well and had a little issue with the gimbal and zoom. So, just now I finally successfully download the firmware and updated it. (on the first time the upgrade frozen at 99%, so I did it again, and took me almost 1 hour) Now, have to wait until Sunday to test the SC. I also bought the rugged case to put it. I got a good deal so just in case if Someone wants..here is the link.

Wow.. ? I paid $179.95 for it 2 days ago and still waiting for delivery and now is $139.95 !

Last edited:
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I got mine yesterday as well and had a little issue with the gimbal and zoom. So, just now I finally successfully download the firmware and updated it. (on the first time the upgrade frozen at 99%, so I did it again, and took me almost 1 hour) Now, have to wait until Sunday to test the SC. I also bought the rugged case to put it. I got a good deal so just in case if Someone wants..here is the link.

Wow.. ? I paid $179.95 for it 2 days ago and still waiting for delivery and now is $139.95 !
@Empire Drone just gave me a credit of $40 (difference what I paid for the rugged case ) thank you ☺️ @Empire Drone for excelente customer service! My rugged case will arrive tomorrow.

Has anyone confirmed the SC as a simple controller, NO apps running? does it have the "option" to switch from the default screen to camera screen like the standard controller?
don't know about that. prob something we will miss although I never used it on the regular rc. pretty sure you can't simply post up a "camera screen only" on the sc. however, I believe if the autel app crashed on the sc or the sc rebooted, will it still fly with the sticks?

@Empire Drone just gave me a credit of $40 (difference what I paid for the rugged case ) thank you ☺️ @Empire Drone for excelente customer service! My rugged case will arrive tomorrow.
Any time Edgard! Thanks for reaching out ?
We have a big summer sale going on right now if you need anything else. Tripltek, Lifthor, ND Filters, cases, all sorts of great deals.

Any time Edgard! Thanks for reaching out ?
We have a big summer sale going on right now if you need anything else. Tripltek, Lifthor, ND Filters, cases, all sorts of great deals.
Any update on the next shipment of SC?

Question I saw you had to have your phone running to use this controller is this correct.I thought it was plug and play

you only need your phone running if you want access to internet. Map updating etc. But if you preload maps then no need for any other device

don't know about that. prob something we will miss although I never used it on the regular rc. pretty sure you can't simply post up a "camera screen only" on the sc. however, I believe if the autel app crashed on the sc or the sc rebooted, will it still fly with the sticks?
A question I had, too. I didn't contact Autel about this...but would assume that it should still control the A/C in the event of an app crash. Maybe I need to email Autel....

so the Autel app auto-starts at powerup?
The ONLY reason I would be interested in "upgrading" when V2 arrives would be to fly like I do now, no APPs, nothing "overlaid" on top of the main flight software. I'm not against using the App's for calibrations, settings, but once they're done exit n fly 'ol skool.

so the Autel app auto-starts at powerup?
The ONLY reason I would be interested in "upgrading" when V2 arrives would be to fly like I do now, no APPs, nothing "overlaid" on top of the main flight software. I'm not against using the App's for calibrations, settings, but once they're done exit n fly 'ol skool.
Correct. Explorer comes on at start up. Just like with the standard controller, you need the Explorer app to set the camera, adjust settings, etc. While you can fly without a device connected to the standard controller....I don't.

You can close any other app you choose to open or use. My S/C only has flying related apps.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles