Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart controller reset

Kes

Reaction score
Hi all
I’m new to Autel just purchased a pre owned evo2 with smart controller and although advertised as new I’m wondering if the previous owner messed up a software install as the start up screen is not what I have seen on the internet and the software update lists android system update as the second option I thought I might resolve this with a factory reset but it has not is there a separate reinstall for android system 7 and apps

Cheers kes

Hi all
I’m new to Autel just purchased a pre owned evo2 with smart controller and although advertised as new I’m wondering if the previous owner messed up a software install as the start up screen is not what I have seen on the internet and the software update lists android system update as the second option I thought I might resolve this with a factory reset but it has not is there a separate reinstall for android system 7 and apps

Cheers kes
There is no factory reset. You can treat the SC as a regular Android device. Their is no Android update to the version install either. You can use a USB cable and hook it up to your computer and explore the controllers storage like any other drive. You should delete all the automotive stuff that you fined if it's still there.
I would say the previous owner put his own picture on the screen your talking about.
I'd be willing to try and help with your questions as go further into learning the Smart Controller. There is a bit of a learning curve.
If you have a low volume problem, there is a fix for that.
I am curious what you think may be messed up from the previous owner.
Best of luck with the new drone stuff and use your SC in an open area. Things can get pretty hairy fast.

Hi thanks for your reply
Have decide to contact the selller with a view to returning the unit
Cheers k

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: GM Dave
Hi thanks for your reply
Have decide to contact the selller with a view to returning the unit
Cheers k
Sorry to here the distressing news. Sorry not to get back right away. We were away on vacation.
I checked how my SC v1 boots up and it sounds like something is really wrong with yours.
I wish I could look at it in person for you.
Best of luck and hope your transaction goes thru and you find another SC.

I found a fix with the smart controller with the power lights going then remote turns off. Hold the power button down while holding down the left pinwheel down at the same time takes about 5 seconds maybe 10 seconds and this got my Autel Evo 2 Enterprise Controller back to work and I’ve turned it off and on without any problems since. Good Luck

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials