Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller question....

mspm47

Reaction score
I thought I had bought a Evo Pro II V2 (said so on the box) but learned it is a V1. Is there a smart controller for the V1?
Fly Well My Friends

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I thought I had bought a Evo Pro II V2 (said so on the box) but learned it is a V1. Is there a smart controller for the V1?
Fly Well My Friends
Yes, Smart Controller V1 are still available.

If the box says V2, and seller didn’t tell you a V1 was shipped you’re probably in the right for a refund.

Hope all goes well, keep us posted.

Fly Well My Friends
luckily there are still some v1 smart controller left out there for sell. the fear would be a discontinue or obsolete controller would render the drones useless yet nobody seems to be complaining about availability over a year later. probably was an overblown concern.

however, we kinda knew there would be some cheating on the drones since the v1 drones are not labeled as such. pretty easy for someone to claim you are getting v2 when you are not because v1 simply isn't printed all over the v1 and accessories. if this is your only autel drone, you might not care but you should know a v2 drone is perceived to be more valuable than a v1 drone although some would disagree.

luckily there are still some v1 smart controller left out there for sell. the fear would be a discontinue or obsolete controller would render the drones useless yet nobody seems to be complaining about availability over a year later. probably was an overblown concern.

however, we kinda knew there would be some cheating on the drones since the v1 drones are not labeled as such. pretty easy for someone to claim you are getting v2 when you are not because v1 simply isn't printed all over the v1 and accessories. if this is your only autel drone, you might not care but you should know a v2 drone is perceived to be more valuable than a v1 drone although some would disagree.
Well, a V2 is with a lot more bugs than V1 ad does not work with multiple RC... but probably people that buys it does not know all this issues from V2. I would always choose V1.

As for Smart Controller: Run away from it !
1. The antennas from SC will be a wreck in no time, as there is issues with the point where antenna is connecting to controller.
2. You will have delays on screen, a lot of users reported for V1 a lag that was not nice. At some works, at some does not. Depends how lucky you are.
3. You invest a lot of money in an expensive but useless screen that will loose value very fast...go buy a LifThor Mjolnir and a Tripltek 8" tablet....will be a lot better and the tablet you can use it on any drone and platform as is Android based.

That is my advice after I had SC V1 and I moved to Lifthor and Tripltek.

Reactions: ang307
Fly Well My Friends
No. Only available briefly 1 1/2 years ago.... If you want a smart controller, if you can, return your purchase and buy a V2. Seems a little fishy the box says V2....

Yes, Smart Controller V1 are still available.

If the box says V2, and seller didn’t tell you a V1 was shipped you’re probably in the right for a refund.

Hope all goes well, keep us posted.
Seller ignores all my attempts at communication. Thank you

Seller ignores all my attempts at communication. Thank you
Probably a blessing in disguise, V1 is still a good model. That’s what I use, and use a SmartController V1.

SmartController V1 are still available, You may want to Consider getting the one since the seller is ignoring all communication.

I’ll never go back to a standard controller, SmartController is terrific.

Please keep us updated,
Paul

Reactions: edgardcafe
Probably a blessing in disguise, V1 is still a good model. That’s what I use, and use a SmartController V1.

SmartController V1 are still available, You may want to Consider getting the one since the seller is ignoring all communication.

I’ll never go back to a standard controller, SmartController is terrific.

Please keep us updated,
Paul
I also have a SC. Do you use your SC a night ? I have been using at sunset and it driving me crazy because the screen resolution is not that good (I know the brightness is great at the sun) so, it makes difficult to set up the camera/ video settings as the screen resolution is bad. I bought a standard controller (v2) to use with my iPad when I shot at night and the difference of the screen resolution between the SC is tremendous.

I also have a SC. Do you use your SC a night ? I have been using at sunset and it driving me crazy because the screen resolution is not that good (I know the brightness is great at the sun) so, it makes difficult to set up the camera/ video settings as the screen resolution is bad. I bought a standard controller (v2) to use with my iPad when I shot at night and the difference of the screen resolution between the SC is tremendous.
Actually, funny thing just noticed two days ago the resolution wasn’t as clear from previous flights. Thought it was maybe a setting change or something, and that flight the other day was around sunset.

I’ll try another flight during the day, and another at sunset see if it’s noticeable between the two. It’s odd, didn’t see this before. But most flights are during the day, maybe that’s why never seen the resolution as sharp as before.

I’ll get back with you, with my findings.

Paul

Reactions: edgardcafe
Well, a V2 is with a lot more bugs than V1 ad does not work with multiple RC... but probably people that buys it does not know all this issues from V2. I would always choose V1.

As for Smart Controller: Run away from it !
1. The antennas from SC will be a wreck in no time, as there is issues with the point where antenna is connecting to controller.
2. You will have delays on screen, a lot of users reported for V1 a lag that was not nice. At some works, at some does not. Depends how lucky you are.
3. You invest a lot of money in an expensive but useless screen that will loose value very fast...go buy a LifThor Mjolnir and a Tripltek 8" tablet....will be a lot better and the tablet you can use it on any drone and platform as is Android based.

That is my advice after I had SC V1 and I moved to Lifthor and Tripltek.
I disagree, I've found the V1 Smartcontroller to be very pleasant, primarily because of the better sticks more than anything else.
The standard controller, while it is nice with the screen and such, never struck me as "high quality" in feel. Especially when doing any precise movements.
The smartcontroller, is worth the upgrade for me alone, for that.

I disagree, I've found the V1 Smartcontroller to be very pleasant, primarily because of the better sticks more than anything else.
The standard controller, while it is nice with the screen and such, never struck me as "high quality" in feel. Especially when doing any precise movements.
The smartcontroller, is worth the upgrade for me alone, for that.
Well said, my thoughts as well. Especially the stock controllers feel, it never felt comfortable holding it especially with the easy false A/B buttons triggering. It is a good controller, No doubt but after using the SmartController for me prefer the SmartControllers feel.

Reactions: aebiv
Well said, my thoughts as well. Especially the stock controllers feel, it never felt comfortable holding it especially with the easy false A/B buttons triggering. It is a good controller, No doubt but after using the SmartController for me prefer the SmartControllers feel.
Well, each one of us have their experience and preferences, no doubt about it.
I love the balance of Mjolnir holder with neck strap and the Tripltek 8". The weight is not in hands but well distributed.
Also the SC have a good balance if you put the strap around neck, but my experience was not ok: i had lags, one antenna was already loose after 2 weeks, mission a few times give me errors.
So...as I say....each one have an experience with SC....good or bad.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja