Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller - question

Shusta

Reaction score
Hello, I’m new to this site and have only used the DJI Inspire 1 and the Mavic 2 Pro with the smart controller. I love the smart controller and have no desire to use anything else. The DJI controller was limited in the software that I could install for missions. My question is this - I plan on purchasing a EVO 2 Pro (new) and the Autel smart controller. Can you easily install 3rd party software on the Autel smart controller for example 3D mapping? There are a number of apps for DJI but only if you use your phone with a controller.

Thanks,
Scott

Hello, I’m new to this site and have only used the DJI Inspire 1 and the Mavic 2 Pro with the smart controller. I love the smart controller and have no desire to use anything else. The DJI controller was limited in the software that I could install for missions. My question is this - I plan on purchasing a EVO 2 Pro (new) and the Autel smart controller. Can you easily install 3rd party software on the Autel smart controller for example 3D mapping? There are a number of apps for DJI but only if you use your phone with a controller.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

This thread should answer your question: Smart Controller Update Procedures & 3rd Party App Install

Thanks,
Scott

Hey Scott,

You can side load apps onto the Smart Controller. Unfortunately, there are few if any developers that currently have flight products for Autel. Nothing like for DJI. That said, Autel Explorer, the native Autel flight app, does have a basic mission planner.

Reactions: G_G
Can you easily install 3rd party software on the Autel smart controller for example 3D mapping?
I was able to install the Droniq.app from an APK onto a V1 smart controller without problems.

FYI: This app is the official third party released by authorities for checking the terrain map in Germany and test the pilot's intended flight parameters against local rules, it can also read NOTAM's or look ahead for things like power lines before takeoff and give proper warnings. One stupid detail is this App is still only showing in portrait mode, and the Controller is designed for landscape. The app cannot turn, so it is not the fault of the hardware. I must rotate the controller clockwise when using this particular app.

Hi folks, I haven´t used my Smart Controller in a while and now I have forgotten the password. What can I do. I tried like 10x and didn´t get it right. At least it doesn´t shut me out completely, It gives me a time penalty, though. So I should try something else because I am running out of options.
It is a Smart Controller V2.
Thanx for any suggestions.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy