Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller for EVO 2

Autelian

Reaction score
I just hope Autel comes out with a DJI like smart controller for the EVO 2. They have to.
I'm about to mount my big Crystal sky to it but it seems awkward and bulky. Autel, if you are reading this, please advise! Thank you!

I'm using the smaller cs unit and with the sky fire mount, it doesn't seem so bulky and awkward although I imagine the larger display does. while I would love to see an Autel smart controller, I have an Alientech booster so having to go thru all the mods again might be additional costs. hopefully you would be able to pair both with the drone at the same time including livedeck or at least have HDMI out.

for an autel smart controller price is a factor but more importantly how bright the display. gotta be > 1000nits and prefer 2000 otherwise not worth it at any price.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Autelian
While I can see the reasoning for a one-piece "smart" controller....my concern would be dependability.

If the screen/os/computer parts goes down....you're not flying.

DroneDJ is claiming in a post today that Autel might unveil one at CES, fyi in case you missed it

if you keep the original controller, then you can still fly.
Yes, in fact I spoke to a vendor about this very thing. They mentioned that they tell folks that buy a new DJI aircraft with a Smart Controller to spend the extra and get the craft with the standard controller and also get the Smart Controller. At the time, they said that there was a significant number of the Smart Controllers going back for warranty repair, and no standard controllers available for folks to use while their SC is out for repair.

If Autel does offer a Smart type controller, I'd be interested, providing it runs the iOS app. Unless something has changed, the lack of zebra bars in video mode kept me from using the Android app.

I've been using a iPhone 8 Plus for my Evo II Pro..

After using the DJI smart controller with the Mavic 2 Enterprise I am having a hard time adjusting to the Autel remote. Finger placement sucks all round I am always hitting the assigned buttons underneath and the camera tilt is so not ergonomic. The remote feels pretty good in the hand just not the function features. I do like the explorer app but coming from DJI products like the SC and Cendence with the crystal sky it’s going to take me a bit to get there.

Reactions: advexure
EVO II Smart Controller looks to be coming! There were photos that a forum member had shared on this thread with Chinese writing with what looks to be the Smart Controller for the EVO II series.

We'll also be updating our article about the EVO II Smart Controller to break down some of the specs that are shown in Chinese in the pictures that were posted.

Hopefully we see this release from Autel soon! If you wish to be notified when it comes available and will be shipping, shoot us a PM or email our team at [email protected]

Below is a screenshot from a video that surfaced on YouTube here.
Autel Evo 2 Smart Controller.png

I'm using the smaller cs unit and with the sky fire mount, it doesn't seem so bulky and awkward although I imagine the larger display does. while I would love to see an Autel smart controller, I have an Alientech booster so having to go thru all the mods again might be additional costs. hopefully you would be able to pair both with the drone at the same time including livedeck or at least have HDMI out.

for an autel smart controller price is a factor but more importantly how bright the display. gotta be > 1000nits and prefer 2000 otherwise not worth it at any price.
Hello im running just what your running mount and all but need a little help i have my crystalsky firmware from the one before the new one v2.6.22 and app v1.1.7.38 and the way i would load the App to the C S is through a APK firmware but can not find the new firmware on APK.com Theres no v1.1.7.38 may be some help thanks Tom

Hello im running just what your running mount and all but need a little help i have my crystalsky firmware from the one before the new one v2.6.22 and app v1.1.7.38 and the way i would load the App to the C S is through a APK firmware but can not find the new firmware on APK.com Theres no v1.1.7.38 may be some help thanks Tom
you should be able to get the latest apk from here: EVO II Downloads

Ok so i would just download the Android v1.1.7.38 to my computer then put my SD card in put that firmware on the card then put that card in my CS and download and open yes-no Thanks
yep basically that's how you do it. commonly known as side-loading like you do with an android phone. double-click on the apk, install it.....

YOU ASKED FOR IT AND AUTEL HAS RESPONDED!!!

NOW TAKING PREORDERS FOR THE AUTEL ROBOTICS SMART CONTROLLER!

Get yours at Florida Drone Supply
autel.pnghttps://www.floridadronesupply.com/products/autel-robotics-smart-controller-pre-orders

Please get your orders in ASAP as we are going to be working on securing a large order from Autel this week!

MFG SKU: 102000522

EXPECTED DELIVERY: First of June

****Product Information****

The Autel Robotics Smart Controller's built in display at 2000 nits is 4 times brighter than a conventional cell phone screen and the 7.9-inch Ultra-HD (2048×1536) touch screen provides clear visibility under direct sunlight. Integrated true tone technology dynamically adjusts the white balance of the display, delivering the best viewing experience for the pilot in any lighting environment.

Long Distance HD Image Transmission

The latest iteration of Autel Robotics proprietary image transmission technology has allowed for HD 1080P video transmission as far as 8.08 miles (13km) with low latency. Dual band support and automatic frequency changing ensures signal stability in high interference environments.

Extensive Battery Life

The Smart Controller's 5800mAh large capacity lithium battery guarantees up to 4.5 hours of continuous use for long days out in the field. The 2 hour fast charge capability allows you to get back into action as quickly as possible.

Multi-port Output

HDMI, USB-A, and USB-C ports allows for live streaming with 4G/5G network modules. SMA connectors allows the antennas to be detachable and replaced or upgraded with SMA compatible third party devices.

Autel Smart Controller Features

7.9" 2000-nit Super-Bright Screen with Anti-Glare Coating

4.5 Hour Battery Life (3 hours at maximum brightness)

128GB of Internal Memory

8 Mile Image Transmission at HD 1080p

Customized Android operating system

Samsung 8-Core Processor

Tri-Band Frequency Ready

HDMI Video Output Port​

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
The real puzzler is why Autel Robotics-- North American official importer, warranty provider, and repair center--doesn't put a stop to this preorders gaming. Smart Controller appears nowhere on the official AR website nor on their YouTube channel. All this speculation from independent dealers appears to be based upon the Chinese leak of a prototypical transmitter device that hasn't shown up as being submitted to the FCC for approval, or have FAA compliance with Remote ID. If it's actually priced at $1200 it'll be dead on arrival so it all seems counterproductive even if not counterfeit

The real puzzler is why Autel Robotics-- North American official importer, warranty provider, and repair center--doesn't put a stop to this preorders gaming. Smart Controller appears nowhere on the official AR website nor on their YouTube channel. All this speculation from independent dealers appears to be based upon the Chinese leak of a prototypical transmitter device that hasn't shown up as being submitted to the FCC for approval, or have FAA compliance with Remote ID. If it's actually priced at $1200 it'll be dead on arrival so it all seems counterproductive even if not counterfeit

As it appears you are continuing your negativity and spread of false information, we'd like to leave a response to you on this thread as well and clear up the misinformation as well as continue to shed some positive light on the topic as we have also done in this post.

There is no speculation or "leaking" going on at this point as Autel Robotics USA has provided an official announcement to its distributors and dealers with their product announcement. Due to distributor confidential information contained in the email, we can't share the whole email, by below is a screenshot from the top of the email, which was Autel's official product release announcement to channel partners. Yes it is a fact that there was a leak of a document that appeared on YouTube and elsewhere in Chinese writing last week or the week prior. At this point in time, the product is fully released. Advexure and other distributors around the world have already submitted our early product needs/numbers for our end customers and dealers.

AR_Announcement_Email.png

As we've stated in previous discussion in other threads, Autel has priced the Smart Controller very well when you have a clear understanding of the market and other comparable "Smart" controllers and monitors on the market that have existed for 1-4 years. This Smart Controller is not for every recreational operator of an EVO II who may, understandably, be more price elastic than a commercial operator running a fleet of 20 EVO II Duals who can easily understand ROI on an investment in their fleet and pilot's efficiency. This accessory is geared towards professional and commercial operators, and inherently is priced to its professional feature set. Its closest comps on the market include the DJI Smart Controller Enterprise ($1,250 USD) for the Matrice 300 and the DJI Smart Controller ($749 USD) for consumer/prosumer product lines. Both controllers have a 5.5" 1000-nit display and very closed customized Android OS, meanwhile the Autel Smart Controller features its 7.9" 2000-nit display running a much more open and capable customized version of Android OS. Another notable comp is DJI's CrystalSky 7.85" Ultra Monitor ($1,099) which is solely a 2000-nit monitor which still needs a separate controller and mounting bracket.

As an approved vendor and independent but fellow distributor with Advexure of approved products. This is not a sham and is 100% real. We expect product delivery in the next few weeks and are promising our clients delivery in the first part of June. product is in transit and orders are being placed.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Happy to preorder. And already have. Looking forward to this product as it fills a big void for me as a Evo 2 Dual flyer. Not sure what the chip is about with Brock. You don’t want to pre order. Fine. You don’t like the price. Fine. It’s not listed to your satisfaction. Fine. No one is forcing you or your money. But it’s priced well IMO. 2000nits. Good range. All in one. Open android based. Checks all my boxes. Crystal sky has a fraction of this. Will it deliver on its promises is TBD. But I am hopeful. And I am confident 100% genuine Autel dealers will be open and transparent as they usually are and contribute much to this forum and on new products.
I wouldn’t be shocked that this eventually comes standard with all thermal models. Especially the Dual. Dead in the water? Doubtful. You think people flying foldable drones for law enforcement want to deal with popping in cell phones or hooking up tablets?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58