Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Sky App - Mission Planning/Waypoints Availability

MNSky

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the group. I ordered the Lite+ in hopes of having the ability to execute Waypoint missions. The Air 2S has been a major disappointment given its lacks the functionality. In anticipation of receiving the Lite+ in the next couple weeks, I downloaded the Sky App. After looking at the app, it appears the mission planning functionality you find on the Explorer App is not available. If anyone has insights into whether or not Mission Planning will be available with the Nano/Lite series, I would appreciate hearing them. Many thanks.

Likely canceling the order. Bummer as the EVO II 8K appears to be out of stock at the places I checked this morning. I should have done my homework - lesson learned.

Hello, I'm new to the group. I ordered the Lite+ in hopes of having the ability to execute Waypoint missions. The Air 2S has been a major disappointment given its lacks the functionality. In anticipation of receiving the Lite+ in the next couple weeks, I downloaded the Sky App. After looking at the app, it appears the mission planning functionality you find on the Explorer App is not available. If anyone has insights into whether or not Mission Planning will be available with the Nano/Lite series, I would appreciate hearing them. Many thanks.
I bought the Air 2s after my Parrot Anafi died. I saw "waypoints" somewhere in the DJI literature and just stupidly assumed that I would have the same mission capability as the Anafi. Boy was I wrong, and very disappointed. I'm not bothering with DJI anymore. Selling the Air 2s and using the proceeds from that to get an EVO II Pro 6K. I would have stayed with Parrot, but they've abandoned the consumer market more or less.

Reactions: aebiv
Waypoints: Litchi $24 Works with DJI: Mini 2, Mini SE, Air 2S, Mavic Mini 1, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark
I downloaded the Autel SDK, it is for Autel Explorer not AutelSky - The number of waypoint / mapping apps for DJI is one of the reasons they sell so many.

Yes, Autel should bring the waypoints across as a way to further differentiate from DJI. They have many other things to fix/add first but it should be in the pipeline.

I even use the Mini 2 for mapping missions but much prefer drone harmony to Litchi interface. It is a little bit of a pain since DJI eliminated waypoint capability the missions have to be in constant communication with the drone since it is running 'virtual sticks' to automate the flight. This means that if you happen to loose contact it will abort and RTH.

Autel could easily add this capability to get the 3rd party mission apps to use and promote the hardware... i believe EXO/Hubsan have waypoints

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d