Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SIMPLE VIDEO EDITOR?

JSTorsrud

Reaction score
Is there just a Simple Video Editor out there, verses all these massive complex software packages.

I just want something simple! Microsoft Movie Maker was an excellent program. Anything similar out there?

Appreciate the replies.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Thanks, I forgot about this program and I already have the PRO version.

Thank You.

Check out Shotcut it is open source and free, compatible with Apple, Android and Linux. Used it many times so far. I find it a bit slow with exporting to Youtube, does 4k
I am waiting for my Cyberlink Power Director Ultimate 17 on Amazon, which is supposedly the fastest. Prosumer product.
Paid $129.00 canadian.
Will report here how good it is.

Reactions: Phillyjon
Canada Post screwed up again, my order is in Ottawa a mere 25 minutes from my place but no one is allowed
to go and pick it up until they deliver to your address only.
With UPS,Purolator and similar on is allowed to drive over and pick it up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I had paid for 1 day delivery with Amazon on top of that. No video editing until Tuesday, sucks big time.

I had been using Win Movie Maker for about six months. It is very user friendly after watching one or two tutorials. But then it started to fail me! It is "buggy" and loses text & splits. I uninstalled it a couple weeks ago & started searching for a free, user-friendly video editor. LOL! What a bunch of crooks making these things. After you "signed on" & played with & worked hard using some of these editors, they would inform you that it only produced 480p or 720p videos when you were done. Some would put a watermark on your finished video only to be removed if you paid their fee. Their fees - $25/month or $129/year & up to $3000, etc, etc. I read a lot of positive write-ups about Win Movie Maker so I downloaded what I thought was the latest version & started using it again. I didn't realize it at the time but I downloaded a 32bit version on to my 64bit laptop. It seems to be working just fine! It is a little "slow" when downloading & saving to file but it seems to be doing all I need of a video editor. Here are the editors that I have tried & am not smart enough to use:
Shotcut
Avidemux
Filmora - implants a watermark
Movavi
VSDC - not user friendly
Videopad
Clipchamp (480p only)
Openshot
Lightworks - only 720p is free
Blender
Freemake - not free!

I've even watched a couple of tutorial videos on all of these editors but cannot seem to "grasp" what is going on. As usual, the tutorial person instructing you on the video blows past the "simple" stuff & leaves you staring at the video with your mouth hanging open asking WTF is he talking about... Remember this is IMHO...
~
??

I totally understand what you're saying. The watermark in filmora is because it's not a paid version but I think that is about the easiest to learn and also has a ton of effects and youtube tutorials.

Check out Shotcut it is open source and free, compatible with Apple, Android and Linux. Used it many times so far. I find it a bit slow with exporting to Youtube, does 4k
I am waiting for my Cyberlink Power Director Ultimate 17 on Amazon, which is supposedly the fastest. Prosumer product.
Paid $129.00 canadian.
Will report here how good it is.

I second Shotcut. Learning curve is pretty shallow. I have Cyberlink PowerDirector and have been using it for the last year...and frankly I'm not happy with it, which is why I've been trying to find something else. Some things that should be easy and intuitive are just a pain in PowerDirector (like crossfading and adding the same crossfade to every clip). In addition, it doesn't give me enough control over the export (even when creating my own profiles) to get the output to a quality level I want. There are some encoder parameters that it won't let me change (like GOP and a few others). PowerDirector does offer a lot of features, but comes with a ton of bloatware - including ads you can't get rid of. My router is always blocking sites that PowerDirector is trying to access in the background as well, claiming they are unsafe. Safe or not, it still bugs me. Shotcut gives me more export control (although still not as much as I want), but it is slower.

LP

Hope the Power Director 17 will be as good as they say, paid for it via Paypal so can always return if no good.

Although I have PD 16 Ultimate, I don't expect 17 to be much different. They don't change much from one release to the next. All in all, it's ok. Just not great in my opinion. Lots of stuff could be done way better and way more intuitively. Best of luck with it...

LP

I totally understand what you're saying. The watermark in filmora is because it's not a paid version but I think that is about the easiest to learn and also has a ton of effects and youtube tutorials.

Yeah, but I have always said you can find a good "free" version of anything you want on the 'net & I am sticking to that idea... LOL!

Reactions: Tufargon
Yeah, but I have always said you can find a good "free" version of anything you want on the 'net & I am sticking to that idea... LOL!
Unfortunately not all people know how to get the paid versions that way also.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58