Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Should I buy the new smart controller

Tom skerke

Reaction score
I fly as a hobby guy no 107 I’m 57 years young cant see that great .I feel like this will give me a better dro experience.should I buy it .I don’t plan on getting another drone as I flew helicopters before no crashes.

Reactions: Barrfly
I fly as a hobby guy no 107 I’m 57 years young cant see that great .I feel like this will give me a better dro experience.should I buy it .I don’t plan on getting another drone as I flew helicopters before no crashes.
You most likely will not be able to find one that you can by.

I'm a year less young than you but I pre-ordered one. Same deal with the vision .
You may have a shot at one if you call the venders directly I've seen post where some lucked out like that.
Good luck to you !

Anyone who can't identify the reasons why they have to buy a version 1 Smart Controller... probably shouldn't, or at least should wait a couple of months to see what the new V.2 offers. V.1 is brand-new and apparently experiencing teething pains (like Google Play Store not working and having to sideload apps, for instance). Version 2 will likely/hopefully have better ergonomics, maybe a MicroSD card slot. For the life of me I cannot imagine what the engineers were thinking: coming from the Standard Controller having the right wheel that clicks under the right forefinger for spinning through the camera and other menus and selecting, to the Smart Controller having a wheel in the same spot but one that doesn't click your selection and would seem to operate counterintuitively for everyone who's been flying Autel any length of time at all? (I sincerely hope that gets fixed.)

Reactions: Wilkz
It's probably a moot point. If you haven't ordered it already, you're not getting one. I have one on pre-order but have been informed that it's doubtful I'll receive one unless some people who ordered before me cancel.

I suppose I have a legitimate gripe because I bought the drone based partly on the marketing materials for the SC. I'd probably have a case for a refund or an upgrade to V2 if I wanted to pursue it. But I've been on the fence about the SC anyway, so I'll most likely just let the issue die. It's just not worth the bother of raising a stink.

FWIW, I've tested a few phones with the stock remote, and all in all, the OnePlus 7t still works best. The iPhones I've tested look better initially but eventually dim, presumably due to heat. I haven't tested the iPhone 12 Pro / Pro Max, but there have been a lot of reports of that screen dimming, as well, during prolonged screen use.

It's probably a moot point. If you haven't ordered it already, you're not getting one. I have one on pre-order but have been informed that it's doubtful I'll receive one unless some people who ordered before me cancel.

I suppose I have a legitimate gripe because I bought the drone based partly on the marketing materials for the SC. I'd probably have a case for a refund or an upgrade to V2 if I wanted to pursue it. But I've been on the fence about the SC anyway, so I'll most likely just let the issue die. It's just not worth the bother of raising a stink.

FWIW, I've tested a few phones with the stock remote, and all in all, the OnePlus 7t still works best. The iPhones I've tested look better initially but eventually dim, presumably due to heat. I haven't tested the iPhone 12 Pro / Pro Max, but there have been a lot of reports of that screen dimming, as well, during prolonged screen use.
I got a triple tech pro tablet I will sell you 1000 nits , Beast of a android tablet

Does anyone here know if the new smart controller does screen recording with audio? I use that function on my iPad regularly. I use the recorded controller files to help fill out my flight log with data about settings, distances, elevations, battery status and any problems that I experienced during the flight. It's become a good learning tool for me.

It's just an Android tablet, so you could probably install any screen recorder app that you like. There is a mic built in to the front too.

Reactions: Rubik3x
Does anyone here know if the new smart controller does screen recording with audio? I use that function on my iPad regularly. I use the recorded controller files to help fill out my flight log with data about settings, distances, elevations, battery status and any problems that I experienced during the flight. It's become a good learning tool for me.
Yes, you can screen record with the app that's in the controller. There is no google play store in the controler. and I don't think you can put it in as far as I know right now.

Reactions: Rubik3x
Hello Tom,

I don’t plan on getting another Drone for awhile, Have an Evo 2 Pro and getting the SmartController V1 is perfect. Everything is there, no more messing with an iPad or turning on the AlienTech booster when using the stock controller.

Did a signal strength comparison with my Mavic Pro 2, Evo SmartController transmission signal was slightly stronger. I fly mountain terrain searching for Native America villages, at a certain area the Mavic 2 Pro would drop down 114‘ feet before video feed started to break up. That is due to rocky mountain terrain and trees, With the Evo SmartController I was able to get down to 98’ feet in the rocky terrain. Now, knowing the strength of the Evo SmartController can easier get down in tough terrain capturing pictures of Native American mortal holes and pictographs.

For my hobby of research, the SmartController launched my Evo 2 to a new level.

Good luck, enjoy the SC if you get one.

Yes, you can screen record with the app that's in the controller. There is no google play store in the controler. and I don't think you can put it in as far as I know right now.
Hello jmason702,

I have a question if you can help or anyone familiar with screen record or taking a screen picture, with Screen record on the new SmartController. The only option I see it’s available is on XRecorder, Is there another area or feature I can select screen record or take a screen shot? Without allowing XRecorder to have access media on my device? I’ve looked all over the app and in settings.

Appreciate the help,
Paul

235C90A7-0C6D-4CBF-84D4-F566E2638AB6.jpeg

Not that I am aware of, but I have only had it for 3 days. Also its 115 degrees here, so my time is limited

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles